Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#270334 - 03/05/08 11:05 AM TIMESHARE is GREAT
CROC Offline
Timeshare is a GREAT product unfortunatly it gets a bad name from bad business practices by a few shaisters and criminals but the actual product itself is EXCELLENT

The people causing all the problems on the island are NOT timeshare salesmen they are OPC's (outside personal contacts) whom are employed to invite guests to view a resort and tour the resort for 90 Minutes for a NO OBLIGATION tour. on the island these tend to be european imported from spain etc which has a horrendous reputation for harrassment by these people.

The resort offers an Incentive such as money or a free trip for them to come along for a tour of the resort for 90 minutes or so, lets face it nobody would go unless the incentive was there.

Now Vacation ownership is an EXCELLENT PRODUCT and a fantastic way to take 5 star vacations at literally pennies on the dollar for those that dont want to buy a permanent holiday home.

Now before I get attacked I know the ins and outs of the industry and unless you are in the industry i would refrain from attacking me as you wont know what you are talking about but I am happy to address any issues you care to bring up.

Vacation ownership works and more than 7 Million households own it and some of the worlds leading hotel chains operate vacation ownership programs including

Marriot
Hyatt
Four Seasons
Disney Hotels
Le Meridien

Now if timeshare was anything but a great product would these huge brand names risk there excellent reputation ? I dont think so do you ?

Timeshare is great but you HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHOM YOU PURCHASE FROM and there business practices should be a guide as to whether you should purchase from them or not.

I personally work for a company (not on the island) that is excellent and we do not have OPC's harrasing people on the streets that is old school and is what gives the industry a bad name, there are many other marketing methods available to get people to a presentation. additionally what gives timeshare a bad name is the crooks that get involved to make a quick buck and then run off leaving people high and dry like Adam chandler did with Basil Jones Resort.

So if you want to buy a Timeshare my advise is go with the Big boys like Marriot, Hyatt, Four Seasons, Disney etc that way you are GUARANTEED QUALITY and ethical business practices plus you can then exchange into the Belize timeshare hotels for just $28 a night without the risk of dealing with unknown developers that can skip town at the blink of a hat as has been the case in the past.

CROC

#270345 - 03/05/08 02:42 PM Re: TIMESHARE is GREAT [Re: CROC]
Renee-md Offline
CROC,

I totally agree with you! I have owned timeshares since 1999 and I have taken many wonderful vacations to 5 star resorts all over the world.

Yes, you have to be careful from whom you buy but if you travle and want a good deal, then timeshare is the way to go. With Interval you can exchange your timeshare for wherever you want to go.

Renee

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Pokey), 58 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,364 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.