Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#27094 09/18/00 02:26 PM
Chloe Offline OP
OP Offline
Bill when on your extended stays in San Pedro, what do you miss most, that you have back in St Louis? (We know about the Rams, friends and family.) Don't say Walmart. Have I limited you too much! lol

Dare To Deviate
#27095 09/18/00 09:29 PM
Serious question, serious answer. Don't miss my family, its great ta be away from them. I miss Seinfeld at 10PM. I miss a good steak. I'd miss my friends in St Louis more if it weren't for my friends in Belize. I hope ta have my friends from St Louis visit me, next time I'm in Belize. They all have invites. I do miss a nice "spirited" drive in either my Alfa or BMW motercycle. The one thing that gets under my skin sometimes is how untenable paradise can be. The distractions of life in da US covers it. I've learned that beauty is a two edged sword. Late at night, when the breeze is nice, there is a magnificent reflection of the moon over the small lagoon in front and the Milky Way is a shining at its best, I look around at my friend, the bamboo windchimes, and thank goodness I have something to share it with. Its good ta have friends.

Gone fishing!!
#27096 09/18/00 09:50 PM
Chloe Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, Bill. Gives me an idea. I don't need steak, and I do not have a motorcycle or Alfa. Friends is like you stated, you pick up new ones in San Pedro. I'd miss my dog.
I could get a windchime tho.
The TV I thought was pretty good in San Pedro, of course that was at a hotel, I guess at your personal property it is not so good.

Dare To Deviate
#27097 09/19/00 02:39 AM
Actually lack of TV is an asset, except for the Seinfeld program. I have a nice collection of books at Laguna Punta. I share my time with Ernest Hemingway, Herman Melville and Incidents of Travel in Yucatan, by John L. Stephens. Among his novels, I really enjoy Hemingway's Short Storys. Ya can read a story before bedtime, and carry it with ya all night and for the rest of the next day. His writting mesmorizes me (more so than usual).

Gone fishing!!
#27098 09/19/00 09:02 AM
Bill,
Ditto on Hemingway. Even my 15 year old has read and re-read "The Old Man and the Sea". What a fabulous story. I too love to read. My choice of books would probably bore most to tears. (World history and comparative religions) Wish I had the time to read these days.
Debbie

#27099 09/19/00 09:40 AM
Bill-guess what my absolute favorite book of all times is? Islands in the Stream. Every time the movie with George C. Scott comes on I HAVE to watch it. I do the "read before sleep" thing too. It gives you sweet dreams, I swear!

#27100 09/19/00 10:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
bill, a recommendation to you.
author: Patrick O'Brian. he died last year, being touted as the finest author of historically based novels ever, a vivid character author, and (businessweek) "the best author you never read". frank and i have been reading his FABULOUS series of 20 historical novels set during the Napolianic wars. sound dull but the characters and mind visions this novelest creates are amazing. you feel part of his world. i'm on book 11 and frank has read the series through twice. at every large bookstore in the states there is now a HUGE display of his stuff. please, i highly recommend you pick up book one, Master and Commander, and enter the world of Capt. Jack Aubrey, HMRN, and Stephen Maturin, ships surgeon (and spy, of course). you wont be disappointed. ps. they are also quite funny, intelligent humor!

#27101 09/19/00 12:43 PM
Hi Jane: I've been a big fan of the late Patrick O'Brien. His depiction of Knute Rochne is a classic. And howa bout dat young riper snapper Ronnie Reagan. Jane, I think were really on da same wave length: don't ya feel it?

Gone fishing!!
#27102 09/19/00 12:57 PM
Debbie:Big news here. I found a copy of "The Varieties of Religious Experience" by William James. Copy right 1902. Very interesting. A series of lectures at the University of Edinburgh by this eminent US psycologist/philosopher on the different varieties of religious experience that he had encountered. Started reading it the other night. Difficult reading. More heavy reading for the lightweight, I guess.

Gone fishing!!
#27103 09/19/00 01:06 PM
Hi Silkpainter: Is this my friend from Jeff City? Anyway thanks from the reminder on Islands in the Stream. I got the book in the things to read pile. I'll put on top of the pile. I might just save it for Belize. I love reading dos "Cubans" like Old Man in the Sea, there. I'm a busy guy.

Gone fishing!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.