Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#270536 03/06/08 08:48 AM
N
OP Offline
N
All- I have visited the island several times and sometimes I rent a golf cart and sometimes not- depending on how much exercise I want. I have always booked the week ahead of time via the internet- usually with a 20% discount or more based on the season.

Problem is- somedays I don't use it that much becuase I may be down at Caye Caulker or on the boat most of the day.

Am I better off still booking in advance with a discount. Or just bartering once on the island for just the days I need?

Thoughts?

At the recommendation of several of you on this board, and due to the lack of carts from other providers, my brothers rented a cart from Island Tours for the week they were with us in SP. In a 24 hour span, they had four different carts. One couldn't get out of it's own way, one backfired constantly, one was very "iffy" as to it's mechanical soundness. Finally, they got one that was very loud, like it had bearings that were bad, but it managed to get them where they needed to go. Unfortunately, it developed a flat tire after a few days, and they had to take it back, making them getting a fifth cart. I would dare say they spent no less than 4 or 5 hours in all at the rental office getting these things resolved. Although they were anxious to make it right, and tried to be helpful, it still remains that in a weeks time, five carts were required, and each cart meant a trip back to their office. Not very good when the place they are staying was across the cut, making each trip a ten dollar Belize trip.
Just something to think about, if you are considering renting from them.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
Moncho's has always been good to me. I always reserve in advance, but that's cause I do a lot of long distance while on the island.

C
C
Cholo's has been good to us!

Live Laugh Love
castle carts is also good. depends on when u are comming down if u need to make reservations. if its during busy season then yes. if end of summer then not really.

I rented from Castle Carts last week for the day with no problem at all. Nice people. If you go way South or North past Palapa Bar watch out for the puddles, water can splash up getting the wiring wet and stall out. Let it sit with the seat up and it will dry. Go slow and stay to the side of the puddles.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
azbob #272719 03/17/08 12:05 AM
get a gas golf cart!!!!!

N
N
Any opinion on Crystal? We are renting form them with a 20% internet discount.

My brother rented from Cristal, and although they don't advertise it, they are co-joined with Island Tours Rental. Bro had nothing but problems, had to take the cart back five times, waiting each time for remedial efforts or a different cart. Although they were very polite and eager to help, nothing was offered in terms of discounts/gas allowance/free time for all of the time spent trying to get a cart that worked correctly.
That being said, maybe they have improved their fleet.
Good Luck!!

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
C
C
Nittany! Read the above post again. I highly recommend Cholo's as well as I heard Moncho's is really good too. We actually were running on fumes with our cart and the gas station was closed, we ran into some of the guys from Cholo's and they went and actually found us some gas! Note to self: Golf carts won't run on Belikin or rum - don't forget to check gas gauge!

Live Laugh Love
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.