Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
BamaB's Offline OP
OP Offline
B

What a trip!

3/1 We arrived at about 4:00 in a downpour, got to Banana Beach & unpacked, nothing got too soggy. Our first & lasting impression of BB was that the friendly staff spends most of their time cleaning, sweeping & freshening everything & always had a bright smile & greeting for us. (Maybe we over-tip?) We wandered around a little, checked out a couple of the local bars & the beach was ours alone. Dinner that night at El Divino's was nice, I had the grouper & Mrs B had the chicken pasta, both very good & the wonderful staff made it a pleasure before turning in early.

3/2 We began Sunday AM bright & early, the full breakfast makes Banana Beach a good place to stay, strolled up & down the beach before heading to San Pedro to spend the day arranging tours & seeing the sights. We had lunch at BC's Barbecue, met some other tourists and wandered around for the afternoon, getting back to BC's at about 4:00. The band played & Ebee kept us entertained & well hydrated until hunger took hold, we wandered over to Waragamu's Tortilliario for an enormous shrimp burrito, where we had the pleasure of meeting 2 Old Fartz who were back from fishing. Later we took in the scene at Crazy Canucks, but called it a night to rest up...

3/3 Up at dawn for the sunrise & breakfast before the SEArious boat picked us up to go to Lamanai ruins, Giovanni kept us entertained & lubricated, we all came away with a bit of knowledge & folklore, sometimes it was tricky to see where history left off and his story began...
Dinner that night at Elvi's kitchen, we had a delicious meal & good drinks before making our way toward the surf & met a nice couple from San Francisco & bar-hopped all the way back to Banana Beach.

3/4 Up early again to snorkel at Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley, took some great photos of the beautiful coral, fish & rays, but had ran out of film when we saw the huge loggerhead turtle & the green moray eel. Enjoyed a late lunch al El Fogon, I had curried chicken & she shared her fish fillets with me, later landing at BC's again, drank mango coladas with a couple from Lafayette LA until late... got a pizza at Pepperoni's & finally called it a night.

3/5 Breakfast was banana pancakes, went fishing & snorkeling with Frank Anderson, later had the crew at Wet Willie's turn our catch into a feast fit for a king. Frank showed us a good time, took care of all the necessity's and dropped us back at our pier to catch a nap. Later, we stopped in at Waragamu's for another fine meal, tried the Palapusa's & shared a burrito, again was just way too much food. We toured around & bar hopped from Wet Willies, BC's and down to Crazy Canucks, and finally turned in.

3/6 Belizean eggs for breakfast, went for a morning walk around the neighborhood south of town, checked out the lagoon, then back to BB to pack it all up. Checked our bags & the airport, did some souvenir shopping & had a lunch of conch fritters at Caliente. Got on the puddle jumper & bid farewell to AC (until next time). Had a few drinks at Jets, filled our luggage with as much One Barrel as would fit & headed home.

Our only regret was not taking a longer vacation, but it leaves some to be explored next time. We'll probably stay on the north side of town next trip just to cut down on the back & forth travel, but Banana Beach was absolutely fantastic if you want to spend more time devoted to relaxation, I tend try to fill every moment, being type A and all that.

Photos are up on Google, there's a lot, beware of the pale gringos !

Last edited by BamaB's; 03/13/08 10:15 PM.
C
C
Thanks so much for taking time to do this report. I enjoyed reading it.

Great report, Bama! You frequented some of my favorites! Glad you had a great time!

B
BamaB's Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Here are the trip photos!

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

mikeywaz
ditto on what tq & mikey said!!!

Great Trip report and photos even if you were wearing a Bama jersey grin. (U of Arkansas alum) Seriously, glad you had a great time!

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Good report, nice photos. Recognized a lot (heavy sigh). I assume that one picture on the airplane (leaving) is your wife. Naturally I don't recognize her, but I sure am familiar with that look she has on her face. Thanks for sharing.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
B
BamaB's Offline OP
OP Offline
B
You mean the shot where Jet was copping a feel?

Naw, I didn't see that, I'll go check. laugh I mean the one with the "look" on her face, on the airplane.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.