Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Topic Options
#271851 - 03/12/08 05:26 PM CC restaurants for big groups?
wandergirl Offline

I'm getting married on Caye Caulker on March 27th (hooray!). We still have a couple arrangements we need to make, and I thought this would be the perfect place for recommendations smile

First, we need a location for a Meet & Greet on Sunday, the 23rd. There will be about 40 people, and we want a cheerful, roomy place with a way to group us together. We want to pay for big appetizer platters and non-alcohic beverages for the group, but don't want to spend more than $300 or so. However, everyone will be ordering drinks & entrees on their own, so the restaurants would make a lot more money.

Our wedding planner has been talking with Rainbow, but their quote is pretty high.

Second: We need a spot for the rehearsal dinner. Somewhere a little less casual, sit-down, moderately priced, that could accommodate around 18 people on the night of the 26th. We're willing to spend about $15 a head.

I'll be on Cayer Caulker on the 14th, so I can meet anyone or check out any potential locations. I hope this is far enough notice to make such large reservations.

#271862 - 03/12/08 05:40 PM Re: CC restaurants for big groups? [Re: wandergirl]
skubakat Offline
Barrier Reef Sports Bar can handle that many people. Not quite as formal of a setting as Rainbow though. I like both places and both owners/staff.

#271871 - 03/12/08 06:11 PM Re: CC restaurants for big groups? [Re: skubakat]
wandergirl Offline
P.S. I'll also be writing about my experiences for several international publications = great publicity

#272056 - 03/13/08 12:07 PM Re: CC restaurants for big groups? [Re: wandergirl]
skubakat Offline
You can email the Sports Bar at and ask them what they can do for you. Tell Lloyd and Otis that Kathi and Mike recommended them. They also have a webpage at that has more info and a menu.

#272232 - 03/14/08 09:02 AM Re: CC restaurants for big groups? [Re: wandergirl]
windyw Offline

Has anyone mentioned Don Corleone's for the rehearsal dinner? My husband and I ate there in February and liked it alot. Reasonable prices, good food, excellent service, think it would be a nice venue for a rehearsal dinner. cool cool

#272238 - 03/14/08 09:25 AM Re: CC restaurants for big groups? [Re: windyw] Offline
I do a lot of wedding photography here on Caye Caulker,
so I attend reception after reception after reception.

The most widely used facilities are Habaneros and Rainbow. For catering, the most widely used caterer is Barrier Reef Sports Bar.

If you are looking for an inexpensive but nice place for the rehersal dinner, take a look at Syd's on middle street, behind their main dining room they have a garden which is very nice, clean, new tables and chairs. Depending on how many people will be attending the rehearsal dinner, also, the SandBox has a big long table in front of it that can probably seat 15-20 people.

If the above link to my photography website looks like a shameless plug, believe me, it is.
Caribbean Colors Art Gallery, Caye Caulker

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,717 Topics
461,257 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day