Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#272110 - 03/13/08 09:05 PM Earth Hour is Sat.29th
Sir Isaac Newton Offline
World Wildlife Fund's Earth Hour is catching on across America following the tremendous success of last year's event in Sydney, Australia. This global phenomenon will spread across six continents in 2008, including hundreds of communities like yours in the United States.

Chicago will serve as the U.S. flagship city for Earth Hour in 2008, with Atlanta, Phoenix and San Francisco joining as leading partner cities. But everyone throughout the US and around the world is invited and encouraged to turn off their lights for an hour on March 29 at 8 p.m. local time--whether at home or at work, with friends and family or solo, in a big city or a small town.

What will you do when the lights are off? Why not change out those old energy-wasting light bulbs to new, inexpensive and efficient compact fluorescents. Earth Hour is also a perfect time to consider what you and your family can do in the days and months to reduce emissions and live more sustainably. We have lots of terrific ideas to get you started.

To alter the course of climate change we must act now. The U.S. is the world's leading emitter of carbon dioxide—over 20 tons per person every year. One person committed to reducing energy consumption can make a difference, and millions of us working together can change the world.

Let us know that you're a part of Earth Hour - sign up on the site and become part of the movement.

One hour, Earth Hour.
http://www.earthhourus.org/
[img]http://www.earthhourus.org/[/img] http://www.earthhourus.org/

#272300 - 03/14/08 06:44 PM Re: Earth Hour is Sat.29th [Re: Sir Isaac Newton]
Rykat Offline
I'm ready for a "movement" even before I sign up! smirk

#272306 - 03/14/08 06:52 PM Re: Earth Hour is Sat.29th [Re: Rykat]
pugwash Offline
I'm thinking if all the lights are out, I'll go downtown and steal a Hummer!

#272310 - 03/14/08 07:08 PM Re: Earth Hour is Sat.29th [Re: pugwash]
pugwash Offline
Any one tell Vegas about this?

#272313 - 03/14/08 07:21 PM Re: Earth Hour is Sat.29th [Re: pugwash]
Bobber Offline
You can't tell me what to do. I have carbon credits, you fools. He he he he.

#272314 - 03/14/08 07:22 PM Re: Earth Hour is Sat.29th [Re: Bobber]
Bobber Offline
In spite of the fact that my lights are usually out by then. Nonetheless, he he he

#272342 - 03/14/08 09:54 PM Re: Earth Hour is Sat.29th [Re: Bobber]
BamaB's Offline
I already know what I'll be doing if our lights are out at 8 PM....probably spilling a drink...

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (buktoff, 1 invisible), 36 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.