Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi everyone..my husband and i are tossing around the idea of moving to Belize in a couple years..we are not wealthy,but do have our own fedx route and truck with a pretty heathy 401 k to cash in.The thought is to just get rid of all our "STUFF" and live a simpler life in the sun. Is this a reasonable dream?? We are both 47 in good health..3 kids..but hey..they can get along without us soon..hehe..

I'm beginning to think it's unreasonable to stay in the states. smile Not a local, so I need to defer. Good luck. Conduct a search here on this site -- topic been broached many times. I wish you the best.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
You can live cheaply, or not so cheaply. It depends on what you are expecting and the level of comfort you need.

Contact the Chamber of Commerce for specific information.
[email protected]
Tom

OP Offline
I love the U.S. but it seems everything is so material anymore..we would just like a small place at a decent price where we can live and be happy..we would like to live cheaply, i am a hillbilly at heart anyway as we live in southeastern ohio now..not the city..have had enough of that..husband was also in the military for 10 years as an enlisted man no less, so we have been in the working poor..lol..any advice here would be greatly appreciated

Yes, you have a reasonable dream and anything is possible. There are a lot of things to consider, however I am sure you do the research since you posted for advise. Do a search as Otteralum suggested on this board, contact the Chamber and go with what you feel the best decision is for you. Don't take comments from those that don't live in Belize too serious or their opinions hold you back. Best of luck and remember, a move is a move no matter where you go and you can always move again. I truly believe in making any dream come true so if it's your dream go for your dream.

Last edited by *I Do* Belize Weddings; 03/16/08 10:49 PM.
Hi. I flew to Belize for the first time only three weeks ago, fell in love with the beauty, culture and friendliness of the people, bought a plantation, will be moving there in July to build house and live full-time. I am 71 years old and do not hesitate a momentl Go there, look around, you will find if it is for you. You can live at a most reasonable rate if you do not want to live too high on the hog.

Harvey

Harvey Wood
OP Offline
Can we come live with you harvey??? I don't think we can afford a plantation but a guest house would do..lol..Linda

P
P
Do you have a wife Harvey?

Janice

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 269 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.