Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Hello,

I still have over a year before arriving in AC but I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row. We have a party of 14 visiting and we would like to rent one of the two:

Personal Watercraft/Waverunner/Jet Ski (at least two)
or
Small power boat

We would like to rent either of the above for a few days or the week. We are on a budget but would consider pretty much any offer at this point so we can see if it will work for us.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions or assistance.

Chris

you might want to do a search on the personal watercraft topic - it's been discussed a few times in the recent past
While there are many more qualified than I to answer this, from what I've read, renting a boat is generally disfavored as being unfamiliar with the reef makes accidents almost a certainty.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
There is a place that rents jet skis.... I'm not sure if they rent them on a weekly basis. I think they might... check it out. www.karibbeanwatersports.com

I'm in the process of opening a wakeboard and waterski business if you are interested. Should definately be open by the time you get here.

wakeman

I HATE JET SKIS!!!
Noisy + dangerous + have hit and damaged the reef too many times.
I LOVE JET SKIS!!!
Lots of fun and feeds my speed devil.
JET SKIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE!!!
This is a fragile marine environment. Not Cancun.

S
OP Offline
S
I see this is a touchy subject. We are respectful adults just looking for some fun off land transportation.

Thanks to all who replied. I meant no disrespect.

Chris

No disrespect intended.

I hate jet skis for the same reasons Wiele hates them and thinks they shouldn't be at the island.

But then, you also can put me down for being against quadding, fourwheeling, ATVing, etc., most anywhere.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

not to stir the pot,,
but, which is seen as worse for the environment,
a lightweight, 4 stroke(near silent, no oil spewage) jet ski with around 4-6 inches of draft, jet drive(no prop to hit coral, wild life).
or a heavy, 25ft skiff with around 1-2 ft draft, large prop, allot of them with nasty old 2 strokes blowing oil and fumes.
side by side, the jet ski is many times more 'reef' friendly than a skiff.

i stand by my idea that it is NOT the jet ski or it's design itself that people have their problems with,, it's the usual jet ski operator! it's not an enviromental issue,, to me.
don't condemn the machine.

JZB Offline
Barnacle, thanks for saying what I was thinking.

Snakestang, a weeklong jetski rental will probably cost you the price of a jetski, especially for 14 of you. In the classified section of this board, there is a pontoon boat available for rent that may be just what your group needs.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
So far as I know there are still two used wet bikes for sale at the Hustler dock.

If you just want one or two bikes KWS may be prepared to offer you a deal for extended rental, but if you want most of their stock I doubt if they'll be interested. They do get a lot of casual customers.

I've never heard of jet skis being available here, and I've never seen one.

There are no Jet-Ski's on the island... only waverunners and seadoo's. Most people don't know the difference.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.