Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#273159 - 03/19/08 01:34 PM Belize City to AC Transportation Question
Snakestang Offline
I have a couple quick questions concerning transportation to the island.

We are a party of 14-16 who plan to arrive roughly at the same time. Our questions are:

Will we all be able to either boat or fly together?

What about luggage? Even if the ladies pack light (yeah right) we are still talking at least 14-20 large bags!

Which would better accomodate a large party?

Thank you in advance.

#273169 - 03/19/08 02:37 PM Re: Belize City to AC Transportation Question [Re: Snakestang]
kaybee Offline
From what I understand taking the boat is only slightly less, but it takes longer. I've never taken the boat, so hopefully someone else can give you more details on that.

On my most recent trip to AC we had a group of 10 and we flew. We called Maya Air and made a group reservation. At the airport is when we actually paid for the tickets (not at the time of the reservation) and we got about $20USD off the price of each ticket.

#273224 - 03/19/08 05:23 PM Re: Belize City to AC Transportation Question [Re: kaybee]
lakegirl Offline
Both Tropic and Maya could handle that with no problem. If your luggage for some reason can't all fit on one plane it would come with the next which wouldn't be that long of a wait!!!

#273253 - 03/19/08 07:43 PM Re: Belize City to AC Transportation Question [Re: lakegirl]
USCTrojan Offline
You can also take the Caye Caulker Water Taxi. It is in Belize City at the Marine Terminal. Goes to San Pedro and Caye Caulker.

#273316 - 03/20/08 12:22 AM Re: Belize City to AC Transportation Question [Re: USCTrojan]
ExOkie Offline
I'm pretty sure that a Cessna Caravan can only carry 14 passengers (including pilot) so your party might have to take consecutive flights.

Once ya get to BZE though you're on island time. Go up to the restaurant, have a bite to eat and a Belikin and watch the planes land. The next plane will be along soon. smile
God Bless The Reef!

#273318 - 03/20/08 12:30 AM Re: Belize City to AC Transportation Question [Re: ExOkie]
ScubaLdy Offline
You have lots of options. What time are you landing in Belize City?
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#273374 - 03/20/08 11:48 AM Re: Belize City to AC Transportation Question [Re: ScubaLdy]
Dan Carey Offline
&nbsp Snakestang,
the Caravan, which is the airliner of choice in Belize, carries twelve passengers plus one in the copilot's seat. You'd have to fly in two aircraft if all fourteen of your group make the trip. You could probably negotiate a charter flight on either Maya Air or Tropic. Pricing for single round trip s...com/]water taxi. On the water taxi all of your group and your bags can travel together for US$20, per person round trip. You'll also have the cost of getting to the Marine Terminal, which should be relatively cheap.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

In the US or Canada call: 1-800-422-3435
In Belize call: 011-501 – 226-2012

Ph# frown 011-501)-2231140

+1.501.223.5752 *Primary Phone
+1.501.226.0992 *Secondary Phone
ccwatertaxi@btl.net *Email

Edited by Dan Carey (03/20/08 09:03 PM)
"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote

#273398 - 03/20/08 02:10 PM Re: Belize City to AC Transportation Question [Re: Dan Carey]
Snakestang Offline
Thank you all for the excellent info. Sounds like we will be better off flying.

#273971 - 03/24/08 01:54 PM Re: Belize City to AC Transportation Question [Re: Snakestang]
margarita Offline
I agree with you Fly & get your feet in the sand before sunset!
Altough they have scheduled flights in my experience, both Tropic & Maya will load up an additional plane if necessary, I've never heard of anyone having to stay in Belize City instead of being accomodated by either airline. It is not like booking flights in the USA. Weather providing of course! They have done the same thing for Large Storms - keep flying people to the mainland as long as they are able.
The Taxi is an adventure but time consuming and that boat leaves & doesn't come back until scheduled. Some were open & luggage could get wet, don't know if that is still the case.
Belize it!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (JaHo, Marty, cracked up, 1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,725 Topics
461,274 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.