Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#273175 03/19/08 01:56 PM
P
OP Offline
P
The Palapa Bar is offering a $500.00 CASH REWARD for each person arrested and convicted of breaking into and trashing The Palapa Bar on the night of March 18th.

Last night thieves broke into the Palapa Bar in Tres Cocos and trashed the bar, stole personal and business items including a satilitte radio reciever with suction cup base, white apple IPOD, leatherman tool.

Please keep your eyes and ears open and let us know if you hear anything.

Thank you
Scott

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Really bad luck. But as the recession bites and business drops off we can expect more of this. My dive shop was broken into a few weeks ago. Stuff was stolen but at least the place wasn't trashed.

#273183 03/19/08 02:24 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Police came out and had no camera to take any pictures, said they do not have one, nothing to collect fingerprints and that the person that does this is in Belize City SORRY.

Called the NEW Inspector Arnold and he said he was busy in a meeting and would call back, guess what ??? Have not heard a word back.

Thanks

#273186 03/19/08 02:28 PM
Sorry to hear about the break-ins.

Do you have security guards?

Our office shares a guard along with Rubies and Paradise Management and (knock on wood) we haven't had any incidents.

Having a guard can seem a little costly but when you look at the alternative, it is worth it for the peace of mind and helps avoid business interruption.

Will put our ears to the ground and see if we can track the culpits down.

Any chance it could be disgruntled employees/ex-employees?

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
My dive shop was broken into DESPITE the guard that I employ.

Amanda - do the police really not have a digital camera, or if any then not enough? There must be lots of slightly outdated models lying around that could be donated.

Fingerprinting and DNA gathering are just coming to Belize/the island.

#273192 03/19/08 02:45 PM
Yes they have digital cameras. Or at least I know we donated some last year and I haven't heard any new requests.

There are a couple of finger print detectives in country, but not stationed here. Kind of tough because we don't have a computerized data base of prints for comparisons.

The GOB is proclaiming a DNA lab project in the works...

#273195 03/19/08 02:50 PM
JZB Offline
Sorry to hear that Scott. Unfortunately sometimes the police make the situation even more frustrating. (as was in my case.)

I recall reading in the paper that the police did get a digital camera donated (although that was a long time ago) plus I remember an article about San Pedros new CSI. Wonder what happened to him?

JZB #273198 03/19/08 02:55 PM
Sorry to hear that Scott....I'll put the word out that we are looking to buy a satellite radio..and an Ipod, cheap.....sometimes that brings the theives out.

We also share a guard with several business/home owners right around us and haven't had an (knock wood again) incident. He even contacted two of the boat owners last night and helped them secure their boats as they had broken anchor lines and were banging on the piers.

Cindy
www.ambergriscaye.com/latitudes

Unfortunately this is not going to get any better. Despite several meetings and donations of boats, ATV etc. there is zero police in north Ambergris Caye. We had a group of (very nice people) BDF troups here for a while, but their M-16's and uniforms scared tourists more than thieves, it seems. No police, no interest from town board = we are left to protecting ourselves, which includes vicious dogs, weapons etc. Sad but true...

So you must not be on the same beach as Elbert who reported seeing the police patrol.

I just saw the BDF plane dropping off the patrol for the weekend, should we tell them that they scare the tourists on the north end and so they should keep their efforts in town?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

You can't have it both ways.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.