Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#273829 - 03/23/08 03:33 PM Great forum!! and looking for advice
Found Nemo Offline
Hey everyone...New to the forum and looking for a second home. My family has travelled extensively through Mexico and central America, but we have never been to Ambergris.

Do you guys have a real estate agent you are fond of? I am researching properties on the internet, and found a few north of San Pedro. I want oceanfront and would prefer a villa or house.

I am a Texan, and an avid Diver and golfer. I know....I should know all about the "hole", but I have never convinced my dive buddies to make it that far south to dive.

Any help is appreciated...and I am thrilled there is such a great forum to be on!!
smile

#273830 - 03/23/08 03:47 PM Re: Great forum!! and looking for advice [Re: Found Nemo]
elbert Offline
Nemo,
The Island down the reef a bit is totally dedicated to be one large first class golf course you may have found your sweet spot on the planet.
Ton of people selling realestate you shouldn't have a problem there either

#273833 - 03/23/08 04:02 PM Re: Great forum!! and looking for advice [Re: elbert]
CarlosCabanas Offline
The guys at Coral Beach Reality are straight up. As for advice... don't buy on line... make the trip.

Carlos

#273846 - 03/23/08 05:49 PM Re: Great forum!! and looking for advice [Re: Found Nemo]
Tim Callanan Offline
I would love to help you.I have a web site
investinbelize.com
or just give me your # and I will call you, makes it easier to elaborate for me
e-mail is good tim@investinbelize.com
Talk soon

Tim

#273850 - 03/23/08 06:42 PM Re: Great forum!! and looking for advice [Re: Tim Callanan]
2MILESNORTHOFCUT Offline
Our experience with Ambergris Caye Seaside Reality has and continues to be excellent. They are professional and have been in business for many years. You can find their website at www.AMBERGRISCAYE.COM in the real estate section. Good Luck, You have picked a beautiful Island to consider investing in.

#273851 - 03/23/08 06:51 PM Re: Great forum!! and looking for advice [Re: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT]
Found Nemo Offline
thanks for the great tips and pm's so far everyone! I am coming down in the next month or so....so looking forward to my first trip. I have to say..there are some great websites for info on AC.
I have so many questions, so I will be a major pain and ask away and explore this great forum.
cool

#273853 - 03/23/08 07:03 PM Re: Great forum!! and looking for advice [Re: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT]
pugwash Offline
While there may well be many good agents in SP, the system is not quite the same as you may be used to: There is no MLS in Belize, so it is not uncommon to see the same property offered by several agents, not always at the same price.

Take a trip down, look at several areas, and “interview” agents: What type of amenities are you looking for, and will you supplement cost of ownership by renting, even occasionally? Very few properties in San Pedro will offer positive cash flow, so your financial ability to buy and hold a second home may define the type of property you ultimately buy.

It took me 5 trips over an 18 month period, and a couple of false starts before finding the property that we have ended up buying: with each trip the criteria changed slightly, as did the perception of how much time we would spend each year in San Pedro

A buyer’s agency agreement with someone you feel comfortable with would at least shift the fiduciary responsibility to working in your best interests as opposed to the sellers.

#273854 - 03/23/08 07:17 PM Re: Great forum!! and looking for advice [Re: pugwash]
Found Nemo Offline
thanks pug...I do not plan on renting my home. My father is 65 and he is a carribean "pirate"!! He and his wife are going to live permanently where I buy. I have as long as it takes..and am in no hurry. Probably pulling the trigger in the next 12-18 months.

#273878 - 03/23/08 11:53 PM Re: Great forum!! and looking for advice [Re: Found Nemo]
weile Offline

Almost as many realtors as bars here now - and a few fortune hunters among them, I'm sure. Some of them are based on selling land that they own themselves, I believe.
Longest established real eststate companies on the island and the ones I would buy from without worries include Sunrise, Southwind and Seaside.

#273885 - 03/24/08 12:40 AM Re: Great forum!! and looking for advice [Re: weile]
deadserious Offline
Tim and Tina at investinbelize.com were great for my wife and I when we purchased. I highly recommend them.

(now do I get a commission on the sale Tim?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
6 registered (azbob, Judyann H., Jameela01, 3 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,313 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.