Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#273927 - 03/24/08 09:27 AM Fly fishing guide suggestions!
RedSoxGirl Offline
So while I will be relaxing at a spa based on all of your awesome suggestions ... my boyfriend hopes to be adventuring to a 1/2 day of fly fishing. He has his own rod and a good amount of experience - but obviously will need a guide as this is our first time in Belize.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a fly fishing guide?

Thanks in advance!!

#273928 - 03/24/08 09:42 AM Re: Fly fishing guide suggestions! [Re: RedSoxGirl]
FISH ON Offline
Red sox girl i'm using freedom tours on tuesday i'm looking to do another 1/2 day as my better half will be on her own for the day if he is interested in splitting one on Thursday let me know. One more week!!!

#273929 - 03/24/08 09:45 AM Re: Fly fishing guide suggestions! [Re: FISH ON]
RedSoxGirl Offline
Oh I'm sure he would love to split it.

He was planning for Thursday - but Wed or Fri would work too ... but we can figure it all out on Tuesday night I imagine.

Approx how much $$ would it be for a 1/2 day?

#273931 - 03/24/08 09:56 AM Re: Fly fishing guide suggestions! [Re: RedSoxGirl]
FISH ON Offline
I think it's 375 bz$ for a 1/2 day

#274189 - 03/25/08 05:06 PM Re: Fly fishing guide suggestions! [Re: FISH ON]
ShellKing Offline
Hey RedSoxGirl and Fish On - I have a husband who might want to join you for next week. He's an experienced mountain fly fisherman looking forward to trying something new. Can they share a guide if they have a small group?

#274218 - 03/25/08 08:27 PM Re: Fly fishing guide suggestions! [Re: ShellKing]
Don Greife Offline
A good guide for flats fly fishing is Manuel Azueta manuelazueta@yahoo.com 011-591-226-2709. If he is booked call Ruby's Hotel and ask for a substitute. 011-501-226-2063
I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.

#274245 - 03/26/08 05:30 AM Re: Fly fishing guide suggestions! [Re: Don Greife]
Dan Carey Offline
&nbsp RedSoxGirl,
I've fished with Daniel Espinosa, 609-9086. He's good, real good.

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote

#274252 - 03/26/08 09:13 AM Re: Fly fishing guide suggestions! [Re: Dan Carey]
krehfish Offline
I'll second the plug for Spinach. RedSox: Why not do a full day? The price is probably only 20% more. Also if you've got two FFs in the boat, only one of them can effectively sight-fish at a time.
Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.

#274267 - 03/26/08 11:13 AM Re: Fly fishing guide suggestions! [Re: krehfish]
RedSoxGirl Offline
Wow thanks everyone! We leave on Saturday and I will definitely be printing out this info to take with us!

I am not the one fly fishing so half of what you said went in one ear -- was emailed to my boyfriend -- then out the other.

Question -- Does anyone know if I would be able to go on the boat - just to enjoy a day out on the water - but not fish? Would it cost just as much for me to join him? I enjoy fishing, but have only been a few times so I would not want to "waste" the money on a guide for myself ... but I would like to go on the boat. If not, it's not a big deal.

#274268 - 03/26/08 11:14 AM Re: Fly fishing guide suggestions! [Re: RedSoxGirl]
RedSoxGirl Offline
ShellKing --

I'm really not sure how it works so I dont want to make any promises ... but we will be at the crawl on April 1st (see the thread - "Too early for an April crawl?") and maybe all the "guys" can meet up then to discuss. And there will also be a people who know more about the island and the fishing to help guide us to the right guides!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,637 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,729 Topics
461,287 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.