Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
OK - if you are on this forum, and if you live between Journey's End and Costa Maya, please assemble at Noon on Sunday the 30th at Sundiver. *************************

Agenda -

1. Gathering information:
List of residents.
contact info.
Locations and other particulars.

2. reports of recent and or chronic problems - RECENT being the operative word here .........

3. setting time and place for next meeting (organizational).

Please:
Arrive sober and on time.
Meeting to last one hour.

See you there!
Cheers
Diane

Great, Hea i like the middle Island identity.
'Mid-Island' oh yeah
I like the way that sounds.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
OP Offline
Just a note to those who have not yet been insulted by my comment about being sober ........ it's just a reminder that if this thing is to hang together we need short and precise meetings, rather than weekend social gatherings (fun as that might be) - without that qualification, attendance and participation fails.

And to Ebbe who I may have insulted with the old name of the place........ now Mata Grande Studios and Resort ---- the old name is what most folks know it by and those of us with senior moments need all the past contect we can get.
Meeting at: Mata Grande Studios, formerly known as Sundiver, and even more formerly known as The Caye Resort.
Ya, there.

Now if I can just reach ebbe to let him know we're coming (tee hee - here we come Ebbe!) but never fear - he offered and if there is a problem we can just walk over to Pams and raid her frig.

:-)

Diane have a favorite line I copied from Carl Hiaasen , " If it doesn't insult someone it isn't worth writing" :-)

White Sands Dive Shop
Noon on Sunday it is!
Like Diane said: Please arrive sober. I'll make sure that you can leave drunk if you want to...
See ya

Mid-Islanders unite :-)
like that sound
could rock, Weile and the mid-Islanders

White Sands Dive Shop
Like the name (secretly changed something in it); sounds a little like Middle Earth from "The Lord of the Rings".
I'll be there - will inform the Resorts Managers I know (no residents yet, I suppose).
Diane, I emailed you my neighbour-list, and here are some issues I wrote down:

Neighbourhood Watch and Security.
(Have security guards and caretakers meet on a BBQ)
Cooperation between Middle-Islanders.
Transportation: Island Ferry and Road.
Clean Beaches, Trash and Traffic on the Beach.
Buoy watch, Maintenance and Mexico Rocks.

Jan

OP Offline
Hi Jan -
I mentioned this to a couple of civilian neighbors but I think a huge meeting for our first time out would be kinda nuts.
So yea, managers and a few key fulltimers would be best for this week.
After that we can assign some tasks and get the ball rolling.
Your agenda goes a bit beyond the traditional neighborhood watch stuff and into a more all-encompassing association and I like that a lot.
Middle-Islanders are different and we should have a collaboration that reflects our more troll-like natures and tendency to imagine that where we live is not at the north of the compass - the recognition that to be safe you need bouys, island faries (they like clean beaches you know) and all that jazz.
:-)

OP Offline
Oh and Gricel can't come - he said saturdays are better for future for him and he'll come next time.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.