Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#274536 03/28/08 05:59 PM
S
OP Offline
S
We are going on our first trip to Belize in May and are staying at Captain Morgan's in AC. Can anyone recommend some great beaches to see on AC?

Thanks,
Ed & Louann

AC really isn't known for it's beaches. Truth be told though, most beaches themselves are pretty nice so long as the nearby land owners keep them groomed. But don't expect there to be miles of it like in some other caribbean destinations. Also expect that once you step into the water, you will likely be wading through seagrass. Most people do not swim off from the beach but rather off from a pier due to the grass.

Captain Morgan's beach isn't bad. They have a great pool and pool bar too.

not A.C. but for future reference,, this is the beach in Maya Beach, Placencia.
good swimming/snorkeling and no crowds.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8797121@N07/2110797249/sizes/l/in/set-72157600368695768/

Last edited by Barnacle; 03/28/08 09:34 PM. Reason: forgot link
S
S
Excuse me but the island of Ambergris Caye has some great beaches to see and a few even excellent for swimming. The most impressive beach I've seen on the island is at Tranquility Bay in the Basil Jones area, wow, awesome snorkeling and a powder white sand beach sloping from twenty feet high. A short hike north will bring you to Robles Point, where land and the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System meet, the only place on Earth this happens.

Mar de Tumbo (Banyan Bay) has a killer beach, crystal clear water, shallow, hard sandy bottom and the best part is a huge sand bar about 100 yards off shore with depths from six feet to six inches.

Ramon's has a pretty nice beach too.

Placencia's beaches are nice too, but different than AC, to each his own. Whenever I swam in PL I got bit by sea roaches.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
The beach at Captain Morgan's where you are staying is very nice.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Get a golfcart & take a day to explore the San Pedro shore for Town area beaches. Boat ride is needed to reach more remote northern shore or small islands.
Marty has great Maps & google earth link for Ambergris Caye
Look for Yourself!
//ambergriscaye.com/maps/index.html
Belize it!

C
C
Having spent a lot of time in the Mar De Tumbo area, I would hesitate to call it crystal clear water. Waves comming through the hole in the reef seem to keep the water stirred up most of the time. Also Grand Colony's pier goes all the way out to the sandbar that once was great for swimming.

S
S
Caveat: Clear when there is no rough surf, most of the time. Probably the reason it's the most popular beach on the island for local families to enjoy for swimming.

The Grand Colony dock extends out to the sand bar providing even easier access.

S
S
Banyan Bay, Grand Colony, Banana Beach and Mata Rocks share this area.

Just to show I do agree with SIN sometimes, I fully concur that Tranquility Bay and Robles are beach areas that stand up against any in Hawaii or the Caribbean

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.