Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#274761 03/31/08 12:59 AM
OP Offline
I need some suggestions of a possible product to purchase so I may be in constant contact via e-mail and surfing the web anywhere that I go. I have a laptop but need something smaller so I can bring it to the beach with me, on a boat, out to dinner� bla bla, wherever. I don't have a lot of time available to relax due to my business� however, if I can find a product to be in touch with clients etc when I'm trying to "relax" I figure I can relax even more this way and be ready for Belize sooner!
It does need to be easy to use (for an old geezer) with a large viewing screen and spell check is a must (a works/word processor on it would help too) so I can copy and paste items to e-mail too. ;-)
Soooo tell me what's better... an I-phone, Wings, Pearl blackberry� OR is there even something better out there?
Many thanks for your help!

Constant contact in Belize is a true oxy-moron. This is not the US, phone coverage is spotty at best, wifi is only at certain resorts, not the whole island. Come relax and enjoy your time, not technology. It will only frustrate you more.

hopie - we think about this too - as in the future, bruce needs to get his emails daily - even when we travel. we refuse to shlep a laptop on vacation. i assume for you, you want to check it from the beach where you live for now...

it isn't always about the PHONE you are using - it is about the SERVICE (G3, G4, true WIFI, EDGE) available thru your carrier. call your cell provider and have them explain how it works. also - some devices allow you to edit documents, some dont. the pearl has a different kind of keyboard than the curve- i ended up getting neither, but would have picked the curve - better do serious research, hon...

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
It is a fact of life that the internet service goes down from time to time. In recent weeks I have on occasion been without it for more than two days straight off. If it's vital for you to have certain contact at all times then don't come here. Maybe the best way to get the best coverage is to employ someone to check your emails from a location with a more predictable service and phone you on a cell phone, so long as you're going to be in service reach.

I have an OQO (http://oqo.com)

Highly recommended. The thumbpad is the easiest I've ever used and it runs a full version of Windows XP or Vista.

You also might want to look into the Asus eePC if you want a more standard laptop design, but it runs linux... if that matters to you.

eeePC's can also run XP, just costs a little more.

OP Offline
Thank you for the help thus far!
I've never even heard of most of this stuff. sigh
I should have been a bit clearer though... I am in the US (State of Hawaii) and I am looking to use this devise mostly here.
I'm not worried so much about it working in Belize at this point� I have never ever had a problem relaxing there!
I just really need to be in constant contact via e-mail all the time and I need a reliable, easy to use gadget.
Thanks once again and any additional suggestions I would appreciate.

Now that makes a big difference!

LOL i tried to tell you guys that!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.