Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
OP Offline
C
Hello -

I'm new to this board. I'm looking to get away from NYC for a week in May and I'm thinking of spending a week on Caye Caulker. This will be my first trip to Belize. I figure Caye Caulker would give me a good base for day trips (I love to snorkel) and would also be a perfect to just kick back and relax (something I sorely need!).

Any tips for a woman traveling alone? Is it safe? Is May a good time to be there? Also - will I be able to rent a bicycle for the week so I can explore?

Sorry to ask so many questions! Caye Caulker sounds wonderful and just the sort of getaway I've been looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions you can give me.

I have been to Caye Caulker a couple of times with my husband. It is great. And I would feel perfectly fine (and safe) travelling alone to Caulker. The people are very friendly. More importantly, everyone seems to look out for each other. Do you have any idea where you might try to stay?

May is a beautiful time to go. We were in San Pedro last May for a week and the weather was gorgeous. Sunny, 80s, rained one time and not for long.

And if you need to relax, Caulker is the best place to go!!!! cool cool

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you so much for your reply, windyw! It's very encouraging to hear such nice things about Caulker and the people. It sounds like the sort of atmosphere I would enjoy.

I was looking at De Real Macaw, but I would love any other suggestions that people might have. I don't need anything fancy - my only requirement is air conditioning (whether I use it or not, I'd love the option! :-) )

If I can't go in May, the other option would be July. But I hear that is the rainy season?

U
U

Try CostaMaya Cabanas

www.tsunamiadventures.com

S
S
Fi tru USC, great place and ever greater family who owns it!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
You might also want to check out Barefoot Beach:

www.barefootbeachbelize.com

south of town, a bit more private/quiet - but still an easy 5min walk.

My husband and I have walked by DeReal Macaw many times. Nice place and a great location. Not that anything is too far away but DeReal Macaw is close to alot of places to eat, shop and visit. Always seemed to be cared for(at least on the outside), we have not stayed there.

I have not been to Caye Caulker in July, but May was great!!!! We have also been in January and February and had good weather.

Just know that wherever you stay, you will have a great trip. cool cool

T
T
We were in CC for 2 weeks in March. You might want to check out Blue Wave for accomodations as well. We talked to a young couple that had a small room with A/C that they were VERY impressed with.

No website that I can find, but here's a link to contact info.

http://www.toucantrail.com/Blue-Wave-Guest-House.html

It's close to the North end of town, near The Split.

Have a blast. It's an incredibly relaxing place to be. PM me if you have any questions.

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you so much everyone! You've all been incredibly helpful. I'm getting so excited about planning this trip. I'll definitely let everyone know how it went.

G
G
Just back from 2 weeks on CC. We stayed at Amandas place, actually next door at Casita Carinosa. Very nice properties, fully fenced, with a friendly guard dog and a pool, located just north of the water taxi pier.

As with any place, be cautious at night, definitely stay on front street if you are alone, we ran into a few inebriated locals that had a little to say to us on middle street one
night...

Enjoy

http://www.cayecaulkerrentals.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day