Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#275024 04/01/08 07:52 PM
C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Anyone seen Skybus airlines landing in Belize City?? They are suppose to be flying to Cancun then on to B.C. I read they started flying to Cancun , also that they have not entered that route on their website, then I read they were flying here also..so the question would be if this is true, can you just do the B.C Cancun route?

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
We have been to the International several times ove the last month, never saw them or any signs inside the airport.

Where did you read that Skybus goes to Cancun and Belize City? Was that back in mid-2007 when the rumor mill was running?

Apparently they've applied to the U.S. DOT to serve Cancun, but it's not currently a scheduled Skybus destination, so far as I know.

As to Belize City, I suspect that would be way down the list of additional destinations, given the low traffic into Belize.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
JZB Offline
I believe Skyservice out of Toronto stops in CUN on the way to BZE. (I think Hon has the info). I've looked into getting a ticket from Belize to Toronto and back but have had no luck.

In February two skydivers flew on a charter from Toronto to Cancun and then to Belize. I'm not sure what the name was of the carrier. I'll e-mail them and get details.

Hon Offline
JZB is right...it's SkyService. The flight to Belize does stop in Cancun to drop off and pick up passengers but those passengers are booked to/from Toronto. There is no passage Cancun to Belize.

For future reference, this is a charter for Signature Vacations so it likely won't show up on fare comparison websites based in the US.

This year the flight was only offered on Thursdays in high season, from the end of November to the end of April. However there is talk of adding another flight next season. Given the number of passengers going through to Belize on my flights over the past 2 years, I would be surprised it that came to pass.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
It was Skyservice out of TO, Thursdays only. They said there were about 10 people that continued on to Belize.

Man, You got me excited!! I have inundated Skybus with requests for BZE and thought my prayers were answered.

Skybus is based out of Columbus -- 15 minutes away from me.

My guess is that they will start to offer CUN any day now -- BZE? I doubt it.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I also had seen a post about this, don't quote me but I believe it was on Michele in Playa's blog site. I did search it and the flight at the time of the search was from Houston to Cancun but I really do not remember if they went from Cancun to Belize at all. I do remember that it was very cheap flights starting in May of this year.
Actually I am thinking it might of been "Aerobus" not the Skybus line that was being talked about.

Last edited by Shopgirl; 04/02/08 07:00 PM. Reason: add

"All people smile in the same language"
C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Skybus has been approved for flights to Cancun, and if you enter Skybus Cancun Belize in your google search, you can read all about it. This was just recent not 2007, Skybus has two hubs, one is Australia the other in a mid east U.S city. I am going to have someone call them from U.S.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.