Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#275651 - 04/07/08 08:15 PM When did you get depressed after San Pedro?
azbob Offline
It hit me this weekend like a pile of bricks dropped from 2 stories. Big time, Bad, San Pedro Blues! Maybe it was because it was my first trip? Iíve been back a little over 3 weeks, but I had been busy writing the trip report, tagging pictures and sharing my vacation with family and friends. Now, I really miss the island. As Bobber wrote: ď Now you can be miserable with the rest of us.Ē Well, everyone, it is official: I AM MISERABLE!

#275652 - 04/07/08 08:17 PM Re: When did you get depressed after San Pedro? [Re: azbob]
KC Jayhawk Offline
Wait until after your third trip in three years!! I felt like I was leaving home to go home . . . . started planning the next trip on the return flight from the last one!! We're hooked!! smile 216 sleeps!!

#275653 - 04/07/08 08:24 PM Re: When did you get depressed after San Pedro? [Re: KC Jayhawk]
carbunkletrumpet Offline
What KC said! Azbob we booked a return trip no less than 6 days after returning from SP a couple of years ago. Now we make 2 trips a year and somehow I am trying to make it 3 a year. I understand your depression but know that there others out there. When you start preparing Belizean dishes then you have a problem and don't ask me what I cooked for everyone watching the games on Saturday night either!

#275656 - 04/07/08 09:10 PM Re: When did you get depressed after San Pedro? [Re: carbunkletrumpet]
Leah-Ann Offline
Ah, you guys are looking at it all wrong! No depression here - I really like my life at home. But I do love SP and there is a lot of excitement about my next trip - somewhere around #15 over the course of the last two and a half to three years! laugh

#275660 - 04/07/08 09:48 PM Re: When did you get depressed after San Pedro? [Re: azbob]
Laguna Punta Offline
Your preaching to the choir, AZBob. Been back to St Louis for acouple of weeks and fighting the doldrums. Getting my BMW K75 ready for a motorcycle tour to the American west. My primary destination is Williams, Arizona to look about at the Grand Canyon and property, then maybe Gillette, Wyoming for the BMW motorcycle rally. So, my suggestion...get a motorcycle.

#275667 - 04/07/08 10:25 PM Re: When did you get depressed after San Pedro? [Re: Laguna Punta]
colomojo Offline
Depression after San Pedro? - How bout before we left San Pedro and realized what a great time we were having and had to leave to go home!

#275686 - 04/08/08 12:21 AM Re: When did you get depressed after San Pedro? [Re: colomojo]
Gela Offline
Depression hits me as I'm eating my Chicken Burrito at BCs after I've dropped off my luggage and gotten my Boarding Card from Tropic. I down as many Belikins as I can and wait until the very last minute to walk across the street and board. I felt that way on my first trip as well as my eight. But I always smile because I know I will return - sometimes later than sooner.

#275711 - 04/08/08 04:29 AM Re: When did you get depressed after San Pedro? [Re: Gela]
seashell Offline
azbob asks "When did you get depressed after San Pedro?"

seashell answers: In 1999.

But like the others, I try to deal with it by rebooking. I'm on the "3 or more trips in a 12 month cycle". If I lived closer, it would be even more often than that. I quit worrying about getting rid of all my BZ money before catching the plane back home a long time ago.

#275723 - 04/08/08 05:52 AM Re: When did you get depressed after San Pedro? [Re: seashell]
colomojo Offline
AZbob - what about our lottery tickets? I am game

#275724 - 04/08/08 06:05 AM Re: When did you get depressed after San Pedro? [Re: colomojo]
divingcowgirl Offline
AZ... made my first trip 1 1/2 years ago... just completed my 5th trip in Feb.
No depression.. just a melancholy ache for a place that reaches far into our souls. You love SP or you don't. For the one's that don't, I hope you find your "home".. For the one's that love SP.. Hope you find your "spot"... (raising psuedo-belikin) Here's to the land, the people, the reef and the tranquility of it all!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Syrsteve, 1 invisible), 48 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,002 Topics
462,162 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.