Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#275834 04/08/08 07:52 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I fly out on American on Friday ??? They are killing me - anyone get cancelled today - anyone with inside info for Friday??

C
C
I didn't hear anything about them today. Are they pulling planes for maintenance like the other lines? Seems like the others were back up and running fairly quickly. Does your itinerary say MD80?

Live Laugh Love
S
OP Offline
S
From ORD TO DFW we are on a MD80 (ahhhhhh) on their web site it said they cancelled 500 flights today and more Wed. so I have till friday - but still - I cannot hear it - it makes me crazy

OMG!! That's awful!!

But wait, I read something in the newspaper just today about having reached some kind of agreement with the maintenance staff? Sorry, I didn't pay really close attention. First it didn't concern me that much and I was having my own immediate issues. If only I'd realized. Seriously, I am sorry I don't have better info.

How about doing a google search and see what you come up with news-related?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

C
C
uugghhhh!! Hopefully all will be well by Friday! keep your fingers and toes crossed. I actually just found that on MyYahoo news a few minutes ago.

Live Laugh Love
OH geez, sorry again, I think what I was reading about was US Air. Doh!

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

We flew American Airlines last week. Our first flight for Minneapolis to Dallas-Ft.Worth was on an MD80. No cancellations, although, it left very late due to a long taxi to the runway.

I'm not a fan of American Airlines or Sears Travel at this time. See my trip report for details on that....

Originally Posted by Canuck-Diver
it left very late due to a long taxi to the runway.

That could not have been the "reason" they gave, was it? lol

S
OP Offline
S
I am keeping everything crossed. I heard on the news today that AA has cancelled more flights but it should be better by Thursday so I am going to wait to hear what happens Thurs. and then maybe call my car service to get to O'hare early early early to fight the long lines. I need my AC fix

B
B
My wife and I were scheduled out of San Diego this am at 6:30.
Flight was MD80, it was cancelled, we were lucky I guess they put us on Alaskan to Seattle to Dallas, arrived Dallas 5pm, where we are staying tonight as obviously we missed our connecting flight, we are checked in tommorrow to fly to Belieze leaving Dallas at 1:05 pm and arriving Belieze at 2:55pm.
Luckily we are on a 737-800. The airports were a zoo, lot of upset people, we are celebrating our 40th Anniversary, what a wonderful start to that. Well hopefully we will be there tommorrow.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.