Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#276525 - 04/13/08 02:57 AM Novels based in Belize
Andrew Crone Offline
I have recently written a novel and I chose to have it take place mostly on Caye Caulker. The story also has events on Ambergris Caye, Long Caye, Orange Walk and throughout Belize. The book's website is www.chameleonwar.com

#276580 - 04/13/08 05:04 PM Re: Novels based in Belize [Re: Andrew Crone]
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Good luck with your new novel. I'm going to order it from Amazon.

--Lan Sluder

#276627 - 04/14/08 12:38 AM Re: Novels based in Belize [Re: Lan Sluder/Belize First]
Cybercayecaulker.com Offline
Sounds very interesting, I'm ordering it also!
--Lee

#276634 - 04/14/08 01:37 AM Re: Novels based in Belize [Re: Cybercayecaulker.com]
pedro2
Sounds totally true to life for here. I think I know Hagen! I'll have to buy it as well. Maybe you could persuade one of the bookshops in SP to get a few in.

#276743 - 04/14/08 09:11 PM Re: Novels based in Belize [Re: Andrew Crone]
J DOG Offline
Just ordered from Amazon, can't wait to read it. Too damn bad I won't be in San Pedro drinking Belikins while I read it!!!

Excellent idea Pedro2!!! Background in marketing??? cool cool

J DOG

#276785 - 04/15/08 12:32 AM Re: Novels based in Belize [Re: J DOG]
pamkillen Offline
Make sure they have copies at Barefoot Books in San Pedro

#276833 - 04/15/08 06:37 AM Re: Novels based in Belize [Re: pamkillen]
Andrew Crone Offline
Don't forget to become part of the Chameleon War community by visiting my blog often. Learn about my perspectives of expat life and share your comments with each other. Learn why I chose Caye Caulker as the setting and discuss how it its fictional representation is different from real life. The link is on my website: www.chameleonwar.com

#277342 - 04/19/08 08:07 AM Re: Novels based in Belize [Re: Andrew Crone]
Andrew Crone Offline
I just posted the Buddhist perspective of Chameleon War on my blog at www.chameleonwar.blogspot.com

#277368 - 04/19/08 05:45 PM Re: Novels based in Belize [Re: Andrew Crone]
ScubaLdy Offline
Andrew:
I think I understand what you are saying – but maybe not. I spent the last few days reading John Steinbeck’s “East of Eden.” I could only read so many chapters and would have to walk away and do something else in order to digest what I had read.
I think people who saw the movie think it was about the character played by James Dean. To me it is about two characters; Samuel Hamilton and Mr. Lee.
I’m not Buddhist – or any other organized religion – but do enjoy the questioning of our minds and motives that a challenging author can construct if our mind is open to new concepts.
You are so right – Belize – especially San Pedro – is a different world to tourists than to those who move and stay more than a little while and is very different to those gringos who stay a long time from the people who consider themselves locals and have been here for less than a generation. (But don’t mention that to any one of them!)
Why don’t you bring a case of your books and come on down? We could have an interesting study group. LOL

BTW – your post is showing up in two different threads and it gets confusing.

#277692 - 04/22/08 04:42 AM Re: Novels based in Belize [Re: ScubaLdy]
colomojo Offline
My copy came today from Amazon! I am looking forward to reading it while on vacation!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,036 Topics
462,242 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day