BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#276713 04/14/08 11:45 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Hello, it's me again - throwing myself on the mercy of you lovely people for advice.

I'm heading to CC June 8-14 and I'm staying at Maxhapan Cabanas.

Louise at Maxhapan told me that I could book the tours once I was there but I may email to get some prices in advance with various companies. As I'm traveling solo, I'm concerned about being able to get tours as I'm sure the guides require a minimum.

Any recommendations for guides/tours? I hear Chocolate is the best person to do the Manatee tour with. I'd also like to do Hol Chan/Shark Alley, the local reef and if I have time, cave tubing/ziplining. I'd be especially interested to hear from anyone who has done the last tour and your experiences.

Best,
canederli

Carlos Gonzalez
[email protected]
Had the best time cave tubing. Native, very knowledgeable

C
C
Early June is pretty slow here, slowest months are Sept and Oct. you can have trouble booking tours as they require a certain amount of people to go..most snorkel trips require 4 people. most mainland trips require 4 to 6...I remember one trip we took here before we moved down was in June, for 2 weeks we only got to go out to snorkel once because we were only 2 and could not find 2 more people. Other than that most all tour operators here are great, most charge about the same price. Louise is a wonderful person and very knowledgeable,

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
T
T
When we were in CC in March we toured exclusively with Anwar and were very impressed. We didn't zipline but went on the cave tubing / Belize zoo excursion. We heard good things about he other tour companies as well, like Carlos, Ragamuffin, Mario. During the slow season you will probably find that the tour companies will band together and if each of them has 2, you'll all go in one group. Have a blast!!

C
OP Offline
C
"Early June is pretty slow here, slowest months are Sept and Oct. you can have trouble booking tours as they require a certain amount of people to go..most snorkel trips require 4 people. most mainland trips require 4 to 6...I remember one trip we took here before we moved down was in June, for 2 weeks we only got to go out to snorkel once because we were only 2 and could not find 2 more people."

That's what I was worried about but I was assured by several hotels when I was looking for lodging that it would not be a problem. If that is the case, do you would it be possible to go to San Pedro and jump onto some of their tours? While I'm coming to relax, the other reason I'm coming is to snorkel, which is why I chose Belize and was hoping to get out at least twice during the time I'm there. I hope you're right, Timwit!

C
C
I like Anwar as well.. March is peak tourist season..very different from june..you will have a good time here no matter...connect with a tour company or two and check daily, talk to people and I am sure you will get to go out a few times...San Pedro is expensive...tours will cost 25 to 40 % more.....dont worry too much..just check everyday, most tours ,snorkel trips dont leave until 10a,m.....yes the tour companies do band togather,,but slow is slow...

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. If worse comes to worse, I can always snorkel at the Split, right?

C
C
Also, dont worry too much about lodging..book a place for the first night or two..if you feel more comfortable. then take your pick of places...they are slow also.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day