Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#27716 - 09/26/00 02:18 PM Golfcart cruising
lmarquis Offline
Hi everybody - while we are there in November (we are first time visitors), we will be doing the golf cart thing. Staying south of town, but want to check out the north end. . .Is there a road or path where you can drive a golf cart north of the cut??

#27717 - 09/26/00 02:39 PM Re: Golfcart cruising
Laguna Punta Offline
Yep, it goes inland from the beach abit. Golf carts on the beach are a no-no. As I recall, the cart road stops about half way up. If ya like ta go further, you'll haft a walk dat beautiful cane sugar beach.
Gone fishing!!

#27718 - 09/26/00 03:23 PM Re: Golfcart cruising
SP Daily Offline
Carts on the beach are a no-no unless there's no other way. The trail north veers back away from the sea to follow the power line but then turns east and runs a ways on the beach before turning back inland again. Pretty easy to get to Capricorn where you can recharge if needed while enjoying food and drinks. The path presently goes all the way north to Journeys End... and now the Fox TV people are driving all the way to Mata Chica on the beach. Have fun!
P.S. Turn the key off and keep your foot on the brakes while on the ferry!

[This message has been edited by Jesse (edited 09-26-2000).]

#27719 - 09/26/00 03:32 PM Re: Golfcart cruising
You REALLY need to listen to what Jesse said about foot on the brake when you are on the ferry. We got jammed last April by three drunk teens on a cart (imagine that!) and if I hadn't had the brake jammed we'd gone in cut. As it was the front wheels almost jumpped the edge in spite of holding the brake. Be very careful.

Take your Deet too. Those skeeters can get mighty thick up past the Palapa if there's been a little rain in the last few days.

[This message has been edited by CHOOCHOO (edited 09-26-2000).]

#27720 - 09/26/00 04:06 PM Re: Golfcart cruising
Belize Mama Offline
Jesse or ChooChoo (or whoever)...speaking of the Palapa, I heard it was closed as of a few weeks ago. True or not?

#27721 - 09/26/00 04:42 PM Re: Golfcart cruising
SP Daily Offline
Palapa Bar is open and roaring!!! Keith closed it up for a few days and now Casey has reopened, with the occasional jam session by Barefoot Skinney etal.

#27722 - 09/26/00 04:47 PM Re: Golfcart cruising
lmarquis Offline
Okay, thanks. . .After my husband half sunk a jet ski in Cozumel last year (really, not our fault - it actually had a hole in the hull), I will steer clear of the sand in a golf cart. Also, I will make sure we do what Choo Choo mentioned when we cross the cut. God, that would be a vacation catastrophe that would be! Man and woman live to tell story!

#27723 - 09/26/00 05:13 PM Re: Golfcart cruising
SP Daily Offline
The water is nice for people but it's pretty hard on golf carts.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.