Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R
Hi all,

I'll be coming to San Pedro next weekend to stay for a month. I'm looking for a reasonably priced 1 bedroom apartment to rent, and my only real requirement is that it has WIFI Internet, because I work on my laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!
Randy

AND you want FREE internet? How much you willing to pay a day for these accomodations? The island has a lot of internet cafes where you can use you lap top but they charge.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
R
OP Offline
R
Right now I'm on Caye Caulker, and I know of a few furnished apartments here with wireless Internet included that run around $800USD per Month.

But I'd like to move to San Pedro now and I'm looking for a similar setup. Just curious if anyone knew off the top of their heads.

I work during the days on my computer and I'd rather not be in an Internet cafe every day. Thanks for the reply though!

Randy

No answers for you, but would love to know what you find. I'm planning to be down there this fall for 6-8 weeks and will need to be connected to continue to work while away.

I have a broadband card (verizon) that I use in the US . . no idea if it will work there? It basically acts as a cell phone - so I guess if cell phone coverage works, the broadband card should?

Seems like the San Pedro Daily usually has places listed for short term rent on a regular basis -- have you called on many of those?

Good luck. And would love if you'd share what you find.

Sally

G
G
Verizon's cell phone won't work there. You need GSM...AT&T or T-Mobile.

Randy, hope you are not discouraged as that is not unreasonable to find at all! I used to rent an apartment right off the beach for $800 US and accessed high speed wireless no problem. I now rent a house with wireless included for half that price. Keep looking, you'll find plenty with wireless.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
You may find a cable connection faster and more reliable than wireless. I know several places which offer an ethernet connection, and if you want wireless you'll have to bring your own router (and it may not work properly). Reckon on around US$70/month for a medium speed connection.

S
S
Why would a wireless router not work properly here?

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I had this explained to me, badly, by a Coral Cable engineer. Apparently their signal even when working properly direct from their modem may still not work properly if routed through another device, such as a wireless router. It wasn't fully explained and I don't understand it, but apparently it's the reason several people recently lost their internet. Even though the router was fully functioning and undamaged it wouldn't work on their system. Perhaps someone else can explain what's going on.

Sounds like poop to me. If your computer reads it so will the router. Their signal is no different than any other signal in the world. Different routers can be difficult to set up, or the computers themselves may have been setup for another system and settings need to be changed to read the new wireless signal. Just my .02

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 317 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.