Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Race is a favorite topic of mine,
but its difficult because its so easy to be misunderstood.
I was there in Memphis at the Loraine, just right down the street from where he lay dead was the grave of the founder of the KKK, those where scary times.
I once heard 'you don't have to push the water once you have blown the dam'.
Time can seem to move slow and seeing that the race dam is blown can be difficult, but Its done and our future generations are going to laugh at our thoughts about race. I believe they will be a people with no concern for it.
The new world of easy global transportation allows us to mix our blood like a box of Crayola in the hot Caribbean sun.
The World is racing towards becoming a species without taxonomic sub divisions and I see Belize as head of the pack, one of the most beautiful things about my country.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
What a beautifully written article. Poverty is color blind! Hate crosses all lines.
I agree with Elbert that Belize is way ahead of the curve in the processes of erasing these lines.

I loved it in the movie 'Bulworth' where Warren Beatty gives us the solution to ending color discrimination.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
good editorial. Interesting take on the destructiveness of the oppressed mentality. I have always thought that one of the most profound effects of racism and bigotry has less to do with pervasive discrimination -- and more to do with poisonous thoughts festering within ones own ethnicity about the ability to achieve. This doesn't let the White majority off the hook for instigating the original injustice, but this realization does then require a different kind of solution.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
A very well written and interesting article; written to a comparison that I understand. When I am asked about the people of Belize I tell them of different groups that formed the country and I am always asked "what color are they?' To that I reply a "rainbow of color", but Elbert I love your poetic description: "a box of Crayola in the hot Caribbean sun." I believe Belize is truly ahead and has the opportunity to stay out of the discriminatory, bigotry cesspool. I have heard a couple of stories of discrimination, but will not repeat them here since it would be second hand and not provable. Maybe those individuals will share those with us under this forum?

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
An excellent article: I would like to read more of the author's ideas for solutions, as he seems to be better able to see all sides of an issue that many of us can only speculate about.

For anyone really interested in this topic, this is a great article, written many years ago, and scarily relevant today

http://www.fredoneverything.net/ColorOfEducation.html

I offer the link only so as not to fill 9 pages that not all SPMB readers may wish to read, but it would also have been my next post on the "too much information" thread, and both supporters and opponents of teachers unions should read it!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
S
S
is that elbert the diver ? from white sands lol

Iguana house 4.5 miles North
Doesn't it sound like me?
:-)

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.