Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
R
While on the subject of bathrooms....Joe's
Cool Club in Santa Elena is changing the "Uni-sex" arrangement to the more modern, one door for man and one door for woman. Progress has taken away one of our cheap thrills...."ooops, sorry ma'am, I did'nt know the stall was taken". If Bill ever makes inland, I will give him a tour our our haunts and watering holes.

Okay, Its time to share some of my hard earned expertise about facilities in San Padro, since as da heading indicates, I'm in da toilet. Don't go to Fido's bathroom. Its dangerous. Walk across da street to Cyber-coffee Cafe and ax one of the nice ladies for da key to "da room" and paper, if needed. A secured clean, locked facility awaits. I feel a book acomin, if Lan doesn't beat me to it.

Gone fishing!!
Fully agree with the mess in Fido's restroom.
But have noted where there is heavy bar customers, the restroom get really bad.

Dare To Deviate
B
B
Maybe this is why the town board is trying to raise money for a new public facility that would be nice, clean, and stocked (paper) [Linked Image] for everyone. I'm beginning to like the sounds of this more and more. I detest Fido's bathroom.

[This message has been edited by Belize Mama (edited 09-27-2000).]

Bigzeke,
Yeah, the restrooms there were gross. It's been my policy that when a place is that nasty, I don't touch ANYTHING!!! Which of course requires that I don't touch the sink to wash my hands. I find this very yucky, but at least the germs are "MY" germs and no one elses..... I carry wet wipes everywhere I go. I brought some with me, thank God. Tell your wife to buy a box. [Linked Image]
I found other restrooms on AC to be very clean. Interestingly enough, when we did the Tikal trip in Guatamala, I found out that they keep the toilet paper on the wall OUTSIDE the restroom. If you don't notice the dispenser on the wall before going in, you're S O L. Weird huh??? LOL
I don't know why, but it seems I remember hearing something to the effect that there is only one toilet paper distributor in Belize, and that some places do suffer shortages.......??????????
Debbie

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 09-27-2000).]

S
S
There is only one manufacturer of toilet paper in Belize but there always seems to be plenty available. There's some being imported too... try Island Supermarket.
If a place is out of toilet paper it's definitely their fault!

Bill;
Do you think anyone who's posted on this thread would know what to do with the bucket in the lav sink at Charlies? Hell, it only took SWMBO four years to figure it out. Fidos really is a little rough around the facilities, especially in view of the "image" it portrays.

Rod Allen
When in the Cayo District, our guide pointed out the mansion of the man who owns the toilet paper manufacturing facility. I believe it's on the highway, cornering on the road you turn off of to get to duPlooy's..... What a place!!!!!! Awesome and simply gorgeous. Amazing he makes that much $$$$ off of potty paper!!!!!!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] Debbie

I wouldn't hold my breath on the new public facilities staying clean and stocked with paper either!
People just don't give a damn anymore....and of course we all have our own level of cleanliness. Mix everybody up..and you've got the makings of a nasty bathroom.
What's funny is...I've noticed the people that "look" the cleanest tend to have the worst bathroom habits!..LOL Go figure!

You ain't seen nothing till you've used the bathroom at the bus terminal in Belize City!!!

Nastiest damn place I've ever been in...I SWEAR TO GOD!

I came into Bz. City from Cayo one time...needing the facilities in the worst way....running and knocking folks down on the way in....LOL
Woman on a stool...stopped me cold at the door with her hand out.
I looked at her funny....Hell, I thought she wanted me to read her palm or something!
She says 50 cents please....while she rolled off an ample amount of tissue and handed it to me.
I scrounged in my pants for the 2 shillings and slapped it in her hand..grabbed my paper and ran to the first available stall.
OH MY GOD!...not this one....nope...not this one....and certainly! not this one.

Only one left...no lid on the tank....no seat....and floor swimming in water...but at least it didn't have remnants of the previous occupant! I had to go like last week...so it would have to do.
Did my business....pulled down the handle....and WHOOSH!!....water went shooting straight into the air!
Must have been a vapor lock!

I about killed myself exiting the stall to escape the fallout!

I told the attendent she owed me the 50 cents back when I left....and was lucky I didn't sue her for endangering my life.
She just rolled her eyes and looked at me like I had 3 heads....LOL

[Linked Image]

S
S
ROTFLMAO @ Sandshaker! That's as funny as Debbie's fresh chicken story! The things we'll resort to when you have to go sooooooo bad that your teeth hurt. I'm schocked she didn't ask for another 50 cents for the shower. LOL Put that in the memory bank as one place not to be around when the urge hits!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 328 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.