Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#277778 - 04/22/08 04:03 PM Wireless internet
CB Belize Offline
I was just wondering what are the monthly fees to have wireless internet, and how easy/hard it is to setup?

#277783 - 04/22/08 04:52 PM Re: Wireless internet [Re: CB Belize]
*I Do* Belize Weddings Offline
There is no "monthly" fee for wireless internet, just like in the US. You pay a monthly fee for internet and you just set up wirless the same as everywhere in the US. It's easy.

#277909 - 04/23/08 11:29 AM Re: Wireless internet [Re: *I Do* Belize Weddings]
CB Belize Offline
so how much is internet on AC?

Edited by CASA DE AMOR 2 (04/23/08 11:29 AM)

#277918 - 04/23/08 12:24 PM Re: Wireless internet [Re: CB Belize]
Kra-Z-K Offline
depends on connection. Call Coral Cable. $75 BZ/ connection.

Starts not too high (but basic is still at least double than the states.) I recommend no slower than the speed that's about $150 BZ/ month if you need to do any work, have it move at a reasonably fast speed, etc...

#277927 - 04/23/08 01:26 PM Re: Wireless internet [Re: Kra-Z-K]
Phil Offline
There's a new BTL Home Service that's just been launched. I used to pay Bz$175 or so for 256kbs down but that would have dropped to about $135, I doubled my spped to 512kbs for only an extra $15. Prices are off the top of my head but close(ish). They're currently running ads in the local and national press and have fliers at BTL offices.

I'm sure thats a lot more than in the States, Canada or the UK for a similar service, but then I don't have to live there thankfully, and will happily pay extra for such services that the minority want.

#277940 - 04/23/08 02:44 PM Re: Wireless internet [Re: Phil]
sherah41 Offline
I have a wireless internet modem for sale for anyone using the btl phone lines for their internet, its brand new, only used a couple of months, paid 250bz for it, selling for 200bz?

Smile everyone, we are living a dream that many would like be doing. :-)

#277978 - 04/23/08 06:57 PM Re: Wireless internet [Re: sherah41]
klcman Offline
Actually, Keli, wireless internet is available in the US. Both Sprint & Verizon (and probably others) have broadband services available using their cellular networks and require only a plug-in card to your laptop/desktop.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#277988 - 04/23/08 07:54 PM Re: Wireless internet [Re: klcman]
Kra-Z-K Offline
yes, good point abou the cellular network but I didn't think that was what he was asking. I thought he was asking about wireless here in Belize...which works the same as regular wireless (not with your cellular) in the US. Same equipment, same set-up.

#277993 - 04/23/08 08:12 PM Re: Wireless internet [Re: Kra-Z-K]
Sherah - what is that router? I have two, and neither cost me more than $50 in the US.

#278071 - 04/24/08 04:11 PM Re: Wireless internet [Re: ]
sherah41 Offline
The one I have is a TELEMEX KIT. It was bought from mexico I believe. The kit has all the wires to hook up to your regular internet box. Works great, never had a problem with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Marty, 4 invisible), 87 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,737 Topics
461,308 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.