Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#278138 - 04/25/08 06:13 PM More cubans
tacogirl Offline
Cindy just popped round and said more Cubans have landed.

8 men and 2 women (she thinks)

They are at the police station and are hungry thirsty and could use some fresh clothing.

She stopped by there to bring food and water and made sure it got to them, and asked me to please put the word out that anyone who can help then to get more comfortable please go there and do so.

#278149 - 04/25/08 06:40 PM Re: More cubans [Re: tacogirl]
Harvey Offline
Can you furnish more information on the Cubans? Will there be some way I can send a donation via the internet to help? Let me know. I will soon be a resident and would like to help.

#278151 - 04/25/08 06:52 PM Re: More cubans [Re: Harvey]
tacogirl Offline
As of yet I do not have any more information Harvey.

For donation paypal is a possibility and could see they got cash or what ever you decided you wanted the money to go for.

#278152 - 04/25/08 06:59 PM Re: More cubans [Re: tacogirl]
pamkillen Offline
STOP NOW. The reason a whole group of Cubans were unable to complete their journey is that people on this board could not resist gossiping and put those people in a political no man's land. Just leave it be.

#278153 - 04/25/08 07:09 PM Re: More cubans [Re: pamkillen]
pamkillen Offline
And please remove thread. I have no idea how.

#278156 - 04/25/08 07:27 PM Re: More cubans [Re: pamkillen]
shuffles Offline
Why do you want the thread removed? Just don't read it. I think the others couldn't complete their journey because they ran into the reef. I didn't realize gossiping on this board was so powerful. We can put people in political no man's land just by discussing on this board? Amazing

#278157 - 04/25/08 07:29 PM Re: More cubans [Re: shuffles]
pamkillen Offline
Hey if you feel your right to chat is more important than others right to freedom, go for it.

#278159 - 04/25/08 07:34 PM Re: More cubans [Re: pamkillen]
tacogirl Offline
Asking people to help chatting and gossiping are 3 different things.

As Cindy told the police when bringing them water and food " put yourself in their place. Wouldn't you appreciate the help."

This thread was not started to gossip or cause any harm.

#278160 - 04/25/08 07:34 PM Re: More cubans [Re: pamkillen]
PalapaBob Offline
The Cuban and Belizean governments have an agreement stipulating that all Cuban refugees landing on Belizean soil be returned to Cuba. The more these peoples plight is publicized the more likely it is that the agreement will be followed. Thus the request to remove the thread.

#278161 - 04/25/08 07:56 PM Re: More cubans [Re: PalapaBob]
sweetjane Offline
i know you meant well, taco, but i'm pretty sure they are correct. sorry.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Jameela01, Marty, Ricklap, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,068 Topics
462,330 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.