Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hi, another retail person here.
Sensormatic has a lot of different systems now.
If it is an INK tag it will say so on the large tag portion.
If it is the sensormatic tag, they can be ivory or gray paddles that are snapped on with a thumbtack device on the inside. With these somtimes the clerk does not push them together as tight as they should and you may be able to get a small wire cutter in between the tack and the clothing.
Another option. Most times, not all, the tag is inserted into a seam that you may able to open using a seam ripper and then sew back up.
If it is the ink type you can cut the tack portion also BUT you will need to cover the ink portion very well as once the tack is cut the vials of ink will break open onto the exposed clothing.
I know, this is all a big pain in the butt!! good luck....

"All people smile in the same language"
OP Offline
Just got back from Blue Water with one of the nicest couples who is on vacation I've ever met in my life! Was a great time and was happy to get back to the great advise. Shopgirl, sounds like I am in luck and it is not the Ink tag as it doesn't say anything about ink and it is ivory colored. There is not space to fit a wire cutter however, it is on as tight as possible.

Jesse, what color should the button be you mentioned, it is a super small silver thing?

If a neighbor has a soldering iron, you may be able to melt the plastic enough to get it off without hurting the jeans. Or take a knife and heat the blade to melt the plastic piece.

Is the store a common one? I can take the pants back with me to the US and have someone get them to you within a few weeks. Let me know. I wouldn't have left the store if the alarm went off again once I asked to check. He would have been searching till he found it.

OP Offline
You are right about the security alarm however in the past I've set it off more than once before at other stores and it wasn't due to still having a tag on it. Some stores alarms just go off when you walk out and I even had it happen at target. So I guess I made a poor assumption that was the case after he "double checked" and no one working there was worried by the alarm.

Yes, a common store and probably in most of Houston's larger malls. This offer sounds grrrrrrrrrrrreat however I have a major concern. I don't have the receipt in Belize would be concerned when you walk in that they might think you stole the pants?? I think I should call the store and tell them what happened and ask if someone walks back in without a receipt if this will be okay. I would give you the $ to then mail the pants back down. THANK you for this kind offer!

S
S
I hacksawed one of those tags off once, very carefully. (don't ask)

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
OP Offline
well I have to ask...lol that's what the point of the thread is Chris. So now... may I ask you to please hacksaw off this tag?
I tried the advise Jesse gave and maybe didn't follow it right? I ended up pushing the tag on harder.

Jesse and Sin, would love your help please!

S
S
Anything for you sweets!

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
OP Offline
great see u tomorrow, hacksaw and all.

So that explains why SIN is always dressed in the latest Designer Fashions!
See you soon SIN - I'll be coming for a final walk-through at our casita sometime in May. I get to come sola. Can't wait...
I know how to find you - just look for the finest dressed man on the island!! (The one with the hacksaw)
Luv ya,
Pam

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.