BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278274 04/26/08 03:00 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I will be spending a week in CC this coming August. I've read several pages of posts, but I only find rum and beer mentioned. Are there other mixed alcoholic drinks available? Also, do the restaurants have fresh oysters?

Thanks! I am REALLY looking forward to my trip smile

S
S
Most bars stock a full range of name booze...and most bartenders can mix an array of drinks. Tropical blender drinks are very popular.
Never seen fresh oysters here.

I've never seen oysters here either. The reason you hear about rum and beer is because it is generally the cheapest alcohol here, and usually the most common. Jesse is right that most bars have a variety of alcohol but alot of it is imported, which increases the price.

I generally suggest that if people are die hard gin or whiskey drinkers and on a limited budget, that they get a bottle at the duty free shop before leaving their country of origin.

Change your Latitude
The only place I find oysters is in Brodies before the holidays, canned of course. But that is fine as I make oyster dressing for Thanksgiving. Yum!

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks! I'm 20, and planning on coming down for a week by myself as a side-trip from Guatemala City to simply relax and unwind, so from what I have read, CC seems like the ideal place to do it.

Any other recommendations in terms of meeting people/night life? I'm not much of a party-er or anything -- I'd much rather read the Economist and have a drink while lying on a beach, but some interaction is always nice wink

Any recommendations or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Try to get over to Ambergris Caye (15 min. boat ride). I didn't know many 20 year olds like you, Chris!

Once you discover One Barrel Rum and Belikin Beer you won't want for much else !

P
P
Chris, you will have a blast. I wish I would have done the type of thing you are doing at 20 yrs. old. That old saying about hindsight being 20/20 and all, I guess.

My suggestion would also be hop on the water taxi to San Pedro. There will be more in the way of nightlife there. Not sure when the last taxi is back to CC,but I would guess, with a high degree of certainty, that it would be long before most people's night finally winds down. Shouldn't be a big deal though. If I were you, once to San Pedro, get a cheap room somewhere (Ruby's?), then go out and have fun and not worry about getting back to CC. Anyway, I think you'll find it easier to meet people in San Pedro.

C
C
People that visit or live on San Pedro promote San Pedro..Those of us that live here on Caye Caulker promote Caye Caulker..both places are great for different reasons..San Pedro is not exactly the place to relax..unless you are at one of the resorts..and its much more expensive..food..snorkel and dive trips..drinks about 25% to 30%more. Way too much traffic,,on the flip side my boys in their 20s LOVE San Pedro..they like the party scene..staying up all night etc etc. July and August are the months when most our visitors are young folks . No lack for young folks on either island..August is also our Italian month...lots of Italians...I absolutely do not agree it being easier to meet young folks in August in San Pedro. Both islands have an abundance..

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day