Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#278499 04/28/08 08:17 PM
B
OP Offline
B
My wife and i are considering staying at Ramon's for our 15th anniversary in July. Seems like a nice place from what I have read. Is this a good choice? Thanks

P
P
Do you want to be able to cook?

We just stayed at Ramon's earlier this month.We had previously stayed at Victoria House which was superb.I was expecting less kids and more divers at Ramon's but there were a lot of kids.We had one of the beach front rooms.We were upstairs which I didn't know they had. The view of the ocean and the beach was very obstructed by the palm trees.The screaming kids got tiring pretty quick.There was no mini fridge in the room which would have been nice.The wireless internet was unusable,although they never advertised they had it.
The location is very nice we were able to walk and stumble down the beach to some nice bars and pubs.The food at Ramon's was not that great,the best thing I had there all week was the fish and chips.The lobster was too small and too expensive but it was out of season so that can kinda be expected.The staff was friendly,but never went out of there way for us.The pool was nice but I spent most of my time in the ocean,snorkeling and diving.

We had a blast but we will not stay at Ramon's again,I feel you can do much better with your money elsewhere.
We took our golf cart way up north and ran into the Legacy and it seemed very nice.We checked out one of the rooms and I think they all had small kitchens.Its a little isolated,you will need a water taxi to visit town.Victoria house is very nice and has some excellent food we went back and ate dinner there this visit.The road is now all fixed to VC so the cab/golf cart ride is much nicer.You can walk to town but it is a long walk.
I wanted to get up to Tranquility Bay but never made it.It looks nice.
Where ever you go have a Great time!

shred #278509 04/28/08 09:03 PM
Why not stay at The Palms, right next door. Cheaper, nicer rooms with kitchens and you can still use all of Ramon's "stuff". Love it there!!!
JMHO

Rykat #278553 04/29/08 07:39 AM
Shred is a bit hard on Ramon's. We've stayed there 3 times. The "obstructions" as Shred put it are what make Ramon's nice, sand paths with heavey vegetation, birds, groomed very neat we think. There are pleanty of unobstructed views of the sea. The staff is exceptionally nice the food is great and the pool is very unique. Since we have kids the other children don't bother us. In fact we like them, cute, very nice kids which will usually hang out with us. We did have a mini fridge and small kitchen but no stove/oven. Who the heck wants to cook on vacation anyway?

That is the good. Here's the bad. The price is a bit steep for the food and drinks. But there are pleanty of local less expensive places to eat and/or drink within easy walking distance. If you were to get a rear cabin the street noise is likely to be a problem. Once our upstairs suite was not cool enough. The A/C unit just couldn't keep up, I think due to the high thatch roof.

Comparing Ramon's to Victoria house is like comparing a hamburger to a steak. We have also stayed at Victoria House. It is without question one of the nicest resorts we've ever visited. But the price is also one of the if not the highest per night that we've ever paid. I just don't think it's fair to compare these two as their prices are not comparable.

Anything north of the bridge is going to be too much hassle for anyone wanting to spend a lot of time in town shopping, dinning or bar hopping.

With location, environment, staff, pool, pier, diving/snorkling, and price all being a consideration...... Ramon's is hard to beat.

Take price out of the equation Victoria House hands down winner.

Put price at the top of the list Ramon's is out.

Last edited by Belize-N-Us; 04/29/08 07:49 AM.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
We have really enjoyed Ramons. And we hang out there a bit even if we stay elsewhere. We stayed in the honeymoon suite once oh man super duper nice. Awesome pool, close into lots of places downtown.

Marty #278562 04/29/08 08:51 AM
here's a second on the Palms right next door...

It depends on what you are looking for. Ramon's has a tropical ambiance that cannot be beat. And a great beach, live entertainment, decent restaurant, good bar, great pool, easy walking distance to town. There are fancier places, more expensive places, places which are a better value for the money. It all depends on what you are looking for and amenities needed. Lots of people like to bash Ramon's & stay elsewhere, but then they go and hang out at Ramon's for the great atmosphere, terrific beach, or fun bar.

I'm not bashing Ramon's... In fact, part of the reason The Palms is so great is it's location next to Ramon's.

Shhh! I want to be able to get reservations at the Palms! Actually already have them for June, again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.