Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#27856 - 09/28/00 02:06 AM First trip to AC
Sloan Offline
We will be in AC Oct 22-29 for our honeymoon. What restaurants should we eat at? What other activities should we do besides snorkeling in AC? What other cayes should we visit? Are the Belize zoo, Myan Ruins or river tubing worth a day trip to Belize? Should we bring bug spray or Malaria Pills? Are there any other questions I should be asking!?! Yalls help would be appreciated. Yes that is a Texas yall!

#27857 - 09/28/00 02:28 AM Re: First trip to AC
booblers Offline
my first trip to AC will be Nov 21 can you please tell me how your trip goes and any helpful hints. Thank you!

#27858 - 09/28/00 09:11 AM Re: First trip to AC
Denny Shane Offline
Sloan... definately stop by Capricorn for dinner while on Ambergris... If you're going all the way to Belize I would definitely hop back to the mainland for a day and do the Mayan Ruins... Altun Ha is the closest, smallest, but worth it. The trip on the river to get there is worth it. Bug spray if fine. If you were going inland for an extended period of time I would suggest the Malaria pills but not for the caye for only a week.

#27859 - 09/28/00 03:31 PM Re: First trip to AC
rendevous is also a nice restaurant. they serve french/thai food. the barefoot canadain cook lived in thailand for 15 yrs. the lobster thai style with jasmine rice was yummy. they also make their own wine from imported grapes. afterward, stroll on the beautiful beach or pier at journeys end next door. very quiet and peaceful.
yes, bug spray, no pills. where are you staying?

#27860 - 09/28/00 03:40 PM Re: First trip to AC
TickTock Offline
Rendevous is a nice place...but its closed for the season...remember janeinPA, I told you we missed it by one day...2 weeks ago. get with the program girl

For a day trip on the mainland...Altunha (sp?) was well worth the trip...rent a jeep or 4 wheeler...we had a blast! Do the Baboon Sanctuary...so beautiful...tons of Howler monkeys everywhere in the jungle and to really see the native people and homes was fantastic. The zoo was awesome, nothing like what we're used to here in the states...the great thing about it is all the animals were rescues or given to the zoo from people that could no longer care for them. None were taken out of the wild, I loved that concept.

#27861 - 09/28/00 08:40 PM Re: First trip to AC
Belize Mama Offline
Sloan, I second going to Capricorn once...at least. I still love Elvi's too. Go there at least once also. El Patio, south of town, is very enjoyable also. Recommend all of them. Lots of other good ones too. Just take your pick. Go on a fishing/snorkling trip where you catch your own fish and lobster(guides will help with the lobster) and have it cooked for you on the beach....very worthwhile.

#27862 - 09/28/00 09:28 PM Re: First trip to AC
Mary and Scott Offline
Please try to eat at Papi's Diner. It is a fairly new establishment (see the review in the San Pedro Sun, August 31 issue,available on-line). Papi's has the most delicious food,a great menu. He is on the main drag, on the north side of town, right before you get to the hand ferry going to the north side of the island. Great breakfast, delicious snapper and shrimp. He is a great guy! Also Estel's by the Sea, and Celi's Deli for great meat pies, garnachas and burritos. Mary
Mary and Scott

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,243 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.