Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27856 09/28/00 01:06 AM
S
Sloan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
We will be in AC Oct 22-29 for our honeymoon. What restaurants should we eat at? What other activities should we do besides snorkeling in AC? What other cayes should we visit? Are the Belize zoo, Myan Ruins or river tubing worth a day trip to Belize? Should we bring bug spray or Malaria Pills? Are there any other questions I should be asking!?! Yalls help would be appreciated. Yes that is a Texas yall!

#27857 09/28/00 01:28 AM
B
B
my first trip to AC will be Nov 21 can you please tell me how your trip goes and any helpful hints. Thank you!

#27858 09/28/00 08:11 AM
Sloan... definately stop by Capricorn for dinner while on Ambergris... If you're going all the way to Belize I would definitely hop back to the mainland for a day and do the Mayan Ruins... Altun Ha is the closest, smallest, but worth it. The trip on the river to get there is worth it. Bug spray if fine. If you were going inland for an extended period of time I would suggest the Malaria pills but not for the caye for only a week.

#27859 09/28/00 02:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
rendevous is also a nice restaurant. they serve french/thai food. the barefoot canadain cook lived in thailand for 15 yrs. the lobster thai style with jasmine rice was yummy. they also make their own wine from imported grapes. afterward, stroll on the beautiful beach or pier at journeys end next door. very quiet and peaceful.
yes, bug spray, no pills. where are you staying?

#27860 09/28/00 02:40 PM
T
T
Rendevous is a nice place...but its closed for the season...remember janeinPA, I told you we missed it by one day...2 weeks ago. get with the program girl [Linked Image]

For a day trip on the mainland...Altunha (sp?) was well worth the trip...rent a jeep or 4 wheeler...we had a blast! Do the Baboon Sanctuary...so beautiful...tons of Howler monkeys everywhere in the jungle and to really see the native people and homes was fantastic. The zoo was awesome, nothing like what we're used to here in the states...the great thing about it is all the animals were rescues or given to the zoo from people that could no longer care for them. None were taken out of the wild, I loved that concept.

Jill

#27861 09/28/00 07:40 PM
B
B
Sloan, I second going to Capricorn once...at least. I still love Elvi's too. Go there at least once also. El Patio, south of town, is very enjoyable also. Recommend all of them. Lots of other good ones too. Just take your pick. Go on a fishing/snorkling trip where you catch your own fish and lobster(guides will help with the lobster) and have it cooked for you on the beach....very worthwhile. [Linked Image]

#27862 09/28/00 08:28 PM
M
M
Please try to eat at Papi's Diner. It is a fairly new establishment (see the review in the San Pedro Sun, August 31 issue,available on-line). Papi's has the most delicious food,a great menu. He is on the main drag, on the north side of town, right before you get to the hand ferry going to the north side of the island. Great breakfast, delicious snapper and shrimp. He is a great guy! Also Estel's by the Sea, and Celi's Deli for great meat pies, garnachas and burritos. Mary

Mary and Scott

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.