Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278673 04/29/08 09:16 PM
R
raccdy Offline OP
OP Offline
R
so whats the best way to get from airport to san pedro? flight seems a little expensive quote is 135 round trip per person is that about right? Thanks for your time!

Raccdy - Tropic's Website shows it for about 109.00 plus a 75 cent security fee. http://www.tropicair.com/reservations/FlightSchedule.cfm
Two other options are to pay cash at the counter and they may work with you on price or you can take the water taxi to San Pedro. (Have never done it) I do recommend that you take the plane back to Goldson as you don't want wet luggage or yourself! I know of people who have done that and got the best of both worlds.

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Do what you feel is best, if you are trying to save money the water taxi only takes just over an hour and I can assure you you will not get wet. (unless it is raining and you are on one of the boats that is not covered.) Otherwise, I take the water taxi to/from the city on regular occasion and never get wet! If it is only one person you do not save much however if it is for multiple people you will. The $109 US Tropic (or Maya) is roundtrip to/from San Pedro.

From international you will pay $25 US to get to the water taxi terminal then $10 US to get to San Pedro. Here is the schedule for the Caye Caulker Water Taxi from Belize City to San Pedro.
8:00 AM
9:00 AM
10:30 AM
12:00 NOON
1:30 PM
3:00 PM
4:30 PM Express

If it's for more than 2 people, you can also taxi to the Municipal airport in Bz City ($25) and fly from there for $60.50 pp. Doesn't save $$ if it's only 1 or 2 people with the taxi & all. Adds about an hour onto the trip each way. But you do get to see some of Bz City if that interests you. And you can grab a bite at Rick's Hangar Bar & cafe!!!

And, if there are kids, they get a discount flying from municipal ($45 each) vs the $109 from international.

E
E
I fly in at 4:45 on Taca from Houston so the water taxi is out of the question. Good info though. Thanks.

When I booked the Taca flight I didn't think much about the arrival time. Then I checked Maya and TropicAir's websites and both had warnings that it was a mandatory 1 hour period for customs clearance between flights. Their last flights leave at 5:30PM. I emailed Nellie Gomez (who was booking our flights) and she assured me that I'll get on that last flight and they always wait on the Taca flight. So I'm hoping that my flight isn't delayed. I'd much rather spend the night in San Pedro than Belize City.

Next time I'll try to find an earlier flight in so I can take the water taxi. It sounds cool.

God Bless The Reef!
You'll make it - no problemo... have a blast! I just booked my flights for a visit in June! So excited.

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Don't worry about it. Last time I flew into BZE we arrived well after 6:30pm, yet Tropic were on hand to get lots of people to SP. I arrived in SP after 8pm and mine wasn't the last flight. On another occasion I was in time for the last scheduled flight of the day but it was full. Tropic put on another plane and I was the only passenger! Though I'm sure they also carried baggage. They won't abandon you!

E
E
Cool. That's good to know and thanks for the info. Still hope that my flights on time!

God Bless The Reef!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.