Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#279009 05/02/08 09:07 AM
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me if there is a tour company that takes snorkelers to Turneffe Islands? I can't seem to find anyone.

To those of you who have been to Turneffe, what is it like? Kathy And I have been to all the local snorkeling areas and are looking for someplace new.

Is it worth the expense to go all the way out there or should we just stay local?

Thank you for any information you could provide.

ONLY 38 MORE DAYS!!!!

I would do the Blue Hole as a snorkeling trip if I where you.
Its a good snorkeling adventure and you won't find operators letting snorkelers go on their turneffe trip ,no place to snorkel on the turneffe dive trips , but the Blue Hole dive trip visits some world class spots for snorkeling. don't get me wrong turneffe probably has great spots , its just the boats are visiting the dive spots and thats not snorkel territory but the blue hole dive sites are also snorkel spots and you can get a trip with the blue hole dive operators.

Last edited by elbert; 05/02/08 04:34 PM.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Yes we had 3 sets of snorkelers on our blue hole trip and they said they had great snorkeling.I as a diver was a bit surprised but they said snorkeling the blue hole was awesome.I do know the reefs that we hit were very pristine,much nicer than the barrier next to San Pedro,not that those are terrible!

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Only downside is that for three dips in the water plus a walk around Half Moon Caye you travel by boat for 6 hours and pay about US$180.

#279110 05/02/08 06:59 PM
Yes but I thought snorkelers catch a break on the $.It is money well spent!Bring you bonine or dramamine,scopamine the ride out was quite rough.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
That is US$65 less than divers pay. It really is a costly day.

#279146 05/03/08 08:48 AM
$250. for the divers and thats including 40 park fee = $210.
snorklers are paying the 40 park fee also so..$185. -40. =$145.
Thats really no bad for a full day boating to another island including, lunch, 3 snorkel stops with a guide., visiting the Booby Bird sanctuary, come on Peter thats cheap!

White Sands Dive Shop
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I'm not saying it's expensive, Elbert, but it is still a lot of money for three snorkel dips. And most people find the "full day's boating" a negative, not a positive!

But given the number of people who choose to do the trip, and more to the point the numbers choosing to repeat the experience, it obviously hits the spot.

OP Offline
Are you talking about Turneffe or the Blue Hole? Can you guys suggest another spot a little closer or cheaper? Six hours travel time seems a long way to go to snorkle.

#279158 05/03/08 10:13 AM
'Snorkel dips'....You mean the unforgettable guided snorkeling tours in the world famous Blue Hole of Belize, The Half Moon Caye snorkel and the Aquarium at Long Caye? with Lunch on a tropical Island and a walk through the Tropical Littoral forest to climb the Bird observation's tower that puts you in the nesting area of the rare and endangered Red-Footed Booby Birds?
all for only $185. including the park fee and taxes
I want a job as your PR person. :-)

White Sands Dive Shop
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.