Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#279109 05/02/08 06:55 PM
R
OP Offline
R
We're looking for a guide to take my wife and me out for a full day of fishing the flats, mangroves,..and maybe some reef. Our hotel (Belizean Shores) tour service TuffENuff offered to take us out for $225. Anyone know anything about them? Seems to be less expensive then some of the other fishing guides..but if they don't know their stuff..the extra $$ would be worth it. I'm an experience salt water fly fisher but know nothing of the area...and knowledge is king.

Cheers
Bryant

Hi,

We stayed at Belizean Shores a couple of weeks ago and used Tuf E Nuf for some of the tours and activities that we did while there.

We did the Beach BBQ / Fishing trip with them, and it was okay. I am also a very experienced fisherman (although not for the species we were fishing for and I didn't bring my fly rod with me). The equipment we used for the reef fishing was substandard, the guides were okay....... but not great (I have fished with great guides -- they weren't).

I don't have any thing bad to say about them, and some of the other trips we did with them were quite good.

My opinion (so take this as you wish and I haven't been fly fishing with them), I would probably look for a local who is experienced with fly fishing the flats. I know there are lots of them out there and you can book once you are down in San Pedro - just ask around. Maybe someone will tell you that Tuf E Nuf are great! Just personally they would not be my first choice for the type of fishing you are wanting to do.

To give them a positive note - we really enjoyed the diving and snorkeling tours that we took with Tuf E Nuf.

Hope this helps.

R
OP Offline
R
Figured as much. Haven't heard a thing about that tour company other than for snorkeling and diving. Nothing about fishing. Would rather find someone that actually knew what they were doing. I appreciate the input. We're going to do most of our trip planning when we get there...but was trying to line something up for the day after we arrive ahead of time. I'll look at some of the more exeperienced guides.

P
P
Hi,

Since you are an experienced fly fisherman, I would suggest you hire one of the many private guides they have on the island. Tuff n Nuff bbq and fishing trip is a relaxed and fun trip (not for serious fisherman).
On the fishing section of this site their are many names. I have used and really enjoy Freedom tours/ hilliboo
You will be much happier with a professional guide with the proper equipment.

B
B
Talk to Steve at fishingsanpedro.com he will hook you up with anything you need.

I always put my two cents in .Go to fishingsanpedro.com steve books real local guides ten of them,plus he takes credit cards ,they do not have substanard equpt .they use the best of tackel as all they do is fish to live.there prices are cheap and gas here is over ten belize a gal .Ask steve to get you pete or abel, or poncho three old time local that have been here all there lives not some pick up guys the others use ..the hotels try hard to give there guest the best time .but are not experts on fishing they call some one they use !!!! who may be just ok or are booked then ,then he calls some one he knows a pick up guy ??????.use real local guides/get there names from steve check them out ..make sure you get them .. You will be very happy... tight lines to you good fishing...

Living The Dream Every Day!
Bryant,, Try Manuel Azueta [email protected] 011-501-226-2709
or Daniel Espinosa 011-501-624-6421. Just don't call Manuel betweem May 8 and May 15 cause he's mine. Both are great flats fly fishing guides.

Last edited by Don Greife; 05/04/08 09:13 PM.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.