Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jayhawk Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I just wondered which air ferry is the safest & most reliable. Should I make reservations ahead of time or is there no problem catching a flight on arrival in Belize. Thanks to all of you who have responded to my other questions all info in helpful.

S
S
Either Tropic or Maya Island are fine. Tropic is probably a larger airline. Both will have
planes standing by to carry you from International to San Pedro... you don't need reservations.

O
O
Jesse---Are you sure you don't need reservations ? That would be great because if we get thru customs quickly we could catch an earlier flight. Is getting thru customs usually fast or slow ? We have an hour after landing in BC to get bags,go thru customs and catch a flight to AC...will that be enough time???

S
S
You need not worry about getting to San Pedro unless your US/Belize flight suffers a major delay. Tropic now has permission to fly after dark to complete the necessary transfers for incoming flights.They'll be ready to handle everyone coming in on Int'l. flights.

Jesse,
Does that mean that they put lights on the San Pedro airstrip? They were doing the re-surfacing of the taxi-way in August, but I sure don't remember lights. Maybe they just follow a northbound golf cart on Coconut Drive.

Hey, have a safe and prosperous (healthy) trip to Houston Sunday. Take care.

O
O
Ok Jesse!! Your the man!! Gonna take you word for it that we three won't need reservations to get to AC on Tropic Air or Maya----God, I would hate to waste a day of vacation in BC airport.

S
S
There've been lights on the San Pedro airstrip for a couple of years at least.... since it was extended and widened. Last I heard it was papashines responsibility to turn them on when needed.

M
M
My husband and I just returned yesterday from Belize. We had a wonderful time. We took both the water ferry and Tropic Air. Both we're fine. The ferry is much lower in price but it's also much slower. Tropic Air was nice. I thought the flight was very smooth and would recommend it also. There was a key to lower fares when returning to Belize City, its cheaper to fly into the Municipal airport vs the international airport. We paid 94.00 bze dollars (for both of us) to fly into the Municipal airport and we a week later we paid 168.00 bze dollars (for two) into international airport. You can get a cab from the Municipal airport to international airport for about 20.00-30.00 bze dollars (maybe lower) So check before you go. Time was not on our side when we returned, so we paid more.

The old lights are broke...new ones in process, would not hurt to have reservations, if you get to gate early you can always climb on the aircraft if there is room`.

Reality..What a concept!
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i dont know, but i wouldnt take a chance not having a reservation. every flight i took was booked solid (all 8 seats), and even had to wait for a next fight this last time. they added an extra flight, saying that we were the 15th flight so far that day (like 3pm). if you book the transfer thru your hotel (which i did) and let them know your flight #, either airline will make sure you get a seat accordingly. remember, they are only 8 or 12 seaters, i think.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 165 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.