Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Well, we decided to give one of my husbands kids the trip to Belize next year, so he had a lottery. The one that won had some kind of youthful indiscretion, nothing major, probably booze or pot, but he was once refused entry into the US. He paid a huge amout of money for a pardon, but apparently it says he can still be refused entry.
So now I am wondering if I am going to have to send them through Cancun, which is very inconvenient because his wifes job makes it difficult to work the holidays around leaving and departing on Saturdays only.
We travel on points, so that is a little bit restrictive.
Does anybody have any insight on this issue?
Thanks

All US visas & visa waivers state that you "may" be denied entry to the US.

JZB Offline
Your best bet is to bypass the US all together. He may be able to get through US immigration going down to Belize but he may be refused on the way home and I don't think that is a chance he would want to take.

The airlines that fly to Cancun only on Saturadays is a charter. Try looking at regular airlines.

I know you need to use points. However, have you considered Taca from Toronto through San Salvador?

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
C
C
He does have some time on his side and should check with US immigration as you can get a permit to travel through the US. It used to be about $200. but you get a paper saying you are allowed that one trip back and forth.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks, CayeMarie. Now I have looked at the US Immigration site, and am hoping you can give me some directions as to where I would find this information. I will go back and start weeding through it, but maybe you can shorten my search.
I have looked into sending them through Cancun, and we still might go that way, but it sure would be nice to do it be able to do it through the states, so much easier from here. Comox-Calgary-Houston-Belize City. It is also getting really complicated trying to work around her holidays, and getting them enough time down there to enjoy San Pedro.
And I would like to take a moment here to say that I have never been treated badly, or even rudely by customs in Houston or anywhere else in the states we have travelled through. I know a good part of this is because my husband is older than I am and we look like prosperous, tired, distracted Canadians when they see us,but they do have a job to do, and I am sure they don't like attitude any more than anyone else.
The rudest customs person I have met lately was entering Belize last year from Chetumal. The guy was a pushy little shit, and it is a good thing my husband is hard of hearing, I acted as if he was making a little joke, but he really was an a**h***.

C
C
Hi treetops I sent you a PM.

treetops,
he paid a huge amount of money for a pardon? What's that all about? Normally, you get busted and you live with the problems that the penalty causes you.

Dan

Last edited by Dan Carey; 05/16/08 11:17 AM.

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.