Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
From my perspective, it seems like kind of a poor choice to be picking dates that already have things going on. Too much division of the proceeds. JMHO . .

That and I can`t be 3 places at once. smile

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

By the way, I`ve heard that if I did want to go to Lobsterfest on Caye Caulker, that it is already too late to book a room. Is this true? And if a room were to magically appear, what would be the best night? Saturday night?

I'm still looking for info (or answers depending on how one looks at things).

Why are the Placencia Lobsterfest and Caye Caulker Lobsterfest on the same weekend? And why are both of them planned for the same weekend as Dia de San Pedro?

Also, if one were going to go to Caye Caulker Lobsterfest one day and try to get a room, which is the best night of the party?

C
C

There are still lots of rooms available on Caye Caulker for Lobsterfest. Fri. is the opening ceremonies normally and Dennis Wolfe plays at Oceanside which is always fun. Sat. there is always lots of booths up with great food and they usually have a band playing on the beach. I haven't seen or heard of the schedule of events for this year yet. I am sure they will be posted as soon as they are available.

Is it necessary to stay overnight to fully enjoy the festivities? I mean, if we were to come over on the water taxi on Saturday, would we regret that we weren't staying overnight, when we caught the last water taxi back to SP?

And thanks for the info you have provided so far. I'm glad to hear there are still rooms. Gives us a chance to decide what to do.

B
B
I'm a little bummed because I wanted to attend Caye Caulker's Lobsterfest this year however it falls on the same weekend as Placencia's. I don't know how both were planned on the same weekend, but just so you know for next year... in the 10 years Placencia has had Lobsterfest, it has always fallen on the last weekend of June. So, now you know what dates theirs will fall on next year! Happy Lobsterfest!

I've heard from several people that the lobster is cheaper over on Caulker, and even if it's not true, I'm going to go over for the day and have as much fun as possible before the last ferry and then pop back to San Pedro to dance the night away! I figure it's the best of both worlds!?

Seashell, the party really gets going after dark. The biggest day for the festival will be on the 28th, usually there is a dance that night with a band or a DJ.

Thanks Lee! Anyway of finding out who the band is (if it's a band)?

C
OP Offline
C
The band is from Orangewalk and is called Super Furia and there will also be a DJ.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day