Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
2 quickies...I've been tracking flights from NY to BZE via US Airways in October. For the last week, those flights come up "sold out." Has US Airways stopped flying via Charlotte to BZE?

Our other option is to fly AA via Miami. Coming back from Belize, where do you go through customs...in Miami? When we fly from Aruba back home we go through that down there. Just trying to figure out how much time we should allow for our connecting flight back to NY.

Thanks!

1st Visit to AC...10/4/08-10/11/08
J
J
Customs is in Miami. Sometimes it's amazingly fast, other times the lines are awful. It's an unpleasant airport to get around in. I'd leave yourselves at least two hours.

US airways is down to once a week out of CLT on saterday.

Last edited by wade the gringo; 05/13/08 11:54 AM.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
N
N
US Airways only goes to BC on Saturdays, w/customs in Charlotte on the return. Takes about 30 minutes to an hour.

Not an expert at all but we have been thru Miami customs close to 100 times. Sometimes you arrive and there is no line at immigration other times you have 25 to 50 people in front of you.
A usual 10 to 20 minute wait on baggage and usually the line at customs moves pretty fast.
The big holdup is getting back in line to go thru security again to catch your connecting flight. The lines here can be pretty long and I think that the max we have ever stood in this line is another 20 minutes.
I would be nervous if I planned to catch my connection with only an hour in between. I also would plan on an hour and a half to two hours.

S
S
We did Chicago - Miami - Belize in April and customs was super quick - no problems. The only hang up was going thru security and rechecking the bags - there was a slight line at security and checking the bags was unorganized at best but I did not care since I was on my way home.

We fly regularly from New York to Belize
As wade said US Airways is only once a week on Saturday.
The best flight is on Continental
You may want to check out Continental they do a Saturday DIRECT flight from Newark to Belize. Often it doesn't show on the Expedia/Orbitz etc web sites but it is sometimes avilable on the Continental sites and its always available if you call them.
Flight CO 1615 leaves Newark at 9.10am and arrives in Belize at about 12
Flight CO 1612 Leaves Belize at about 1pm and arrives in Newark at about 7pm

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
swanno, those direct flights from Newark are seasonal... I think they end soon.

TQ
Continental seem change their Belize schedule so often. We managed to get direct round trip flights last year in January, April, July and November. I've had many conversations with them, since I also thought it was seasonal, they seem to extend their seasonal schedule based on demand!
Last year in August they had a direct flight from EWR to BZE but you had to change in Houston on the way back.
So in 2007 they had direct flight both ways in most months who knows what they will do in 2008!!

Colin, Marianne & Sophie the Dog
www.mrptny.com
The trend is that airlines start service to Belize with a big splash, but then when the reality of the small and highly seasonal Belize tourist and business market sets in they pull back. For example, USAir started a few years ago with daily two-class (First and Coach) service from Charlotte to BZE. Now they're down to weekly one-class service much of the year. Likewise, Delta started with daily two-class service from Atlanta. Then they went to a small regional one-class jet on weekdays, with two-class 737 service on Saturdays only, and now I'm not sure what they're flying. Delta was going to do LAX-BZE service, but that fizzled. Despite its limitations, CO's service seems the most consistent on a year-round basis.

I dislike MIA and AA there so much I've given up flying through Miami to anywhere in Central America or South America unless I absolutely have to (which unfortunately is often a necessity).

--Lan Sluder

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.