Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
THank you everyone for taking the time for providing all these details - I really appreciate it!! One more question - I am traveling solo (as I usually do) - I have been ALL over, have no fear, have been alone in many places I get yelled at later about being there alone,(like in Pakistan), but I have heard "things" about Belize - maybe just the capital - but how safe would it be for a 39 y.o. to have drinks and then walk home late at night to Banana Beach Resort (or somewhere a bit outta town) - should I have any sort of worry? I want to say NO but need to ask you all who live there.
BTW - I know I will love AC - can't wait!!
Should I bring my own snorkel gear (quite cumbersome!) or rent every day? Sorry for all the questions - any help is greatly appreciated!

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
From my visits you will be fine as long as you stay somewhat cautious and conscious.Now I got a totally different feeling while in Belize city.

shred #280542 05/17/08 11:44 AM
Definitely bring your own mask, snorkel and fins and lots of sun block. If you have a dive skin it helps from getting a sun burn which can happen very quickly in the water.
I would urge you to stay in town - you can walk anyplace there. I lived in town my first year here and it was worth every minute of it. Every afternoon at 4:00 I would go to the beach in front of the Mayan Princess and snorkel under the dock at Amigos Del Mar. Because they clean fish and conch there the sea life is abundant. I chose 4:00 as it was a good time to cool off for the day and too late to get sun burned on my hour in the water.

I highly recommend the day trips on the catamarans that sail to Hol Chan and Shark and Ray Alley. Searious or Seaduced are good choices.

I too am a single female and have traveled alone a lot. You meet more people that way. I have stayed in a lot of hostels and love meeting the other people who choose those kinds of places.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
ScubaLdy #280626 05/18/08 11:39 AM
smile smile smile

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
ScubaLdy #280636 05/18/08 01:29 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Harriette for all the tips!! I am thinking about coming this week. Do you think I need to make reservations somewhere or can I just come into town and find someplace? I have been looking at so many hotels (and reading the reviews) and you never can tell so if someone who actually knew of a good one, that would be great. Hope all of you nice people out there who have been answering ALL my ?s are having a great day!! Susie

susie, who ever rings the bell buys the entire house a round of Jager, so stay away from that bell!!!

azbob #280640 05/18/08 02:15 PM
OP Offline
Hilarious!! What provokes the bell ringing?

E
E
Stupidity, dont ask how I know grin

Ernie B #280645 05/18/08 02:35 PM
OP Offline
I mean, I could get stupid and want to avoid buying the whole bar a round - I need to know what not to do. smile Perhaps licking a steak knife wwould warrant a bell-ringing?

No matter what you do, don't ring that bell!! And don't let anyone trick you into it!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.