Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
nuts Offline OP
OP Offline
N
This will be our 6th visit to SP. I guess you could say we really like it there!! One of our favorite spots we've enjoyed in the past was a little place called Hamilton's, on the north island just a short ways from the cut. The conch fritters there were awesome, and something we always look forward to.

We're arriving tomorrow, and wanted to know if Hamilton's was still there, or if not, where would you send us for conch?

we're here now. i dont recall hamiltons, but next to the cloisters 1/2 mile n of the cut on the right side of the road, there is a new restaurant with a funny name. if it was in that location, i guess that means no.

there is good conch all over the place. sunset grill has gooood fritters, waraguma made us some mean conch ceviche.

as you know, there is good food all over.

JZB Offline
Hamilton's is now Pinki Knox. Menu looks interesting also but I haven't tried it.

ok, there you go!!!

JZB Offline
I don't think we could have timed our posts any better!

Claire and Steve, owners of Hamilton's, have leased out the kitchen and dining area and it is now called Pinki Knox. I have met the chef - Jimmy - and one of my friends who lives here raved about the food. I plan to try it next week. I'm told there is one menu a day. I will have to check that out. Here at the Villas @ Del Rio all the owners tended to go to Hamilton's their first night here. Sure beat going back across on the pull ferry - OH YEAH - no more pull ferry.
Sweet Basil's, just past Hamilton's/Knox was always a popular place - back when we had the pull ferry.
The new owners have done a great job and the food is fantastic - too bad they don't have more customers. It occurred to me that without the allure of the pull ferry it is just not as exciting to 'drive across the bridge' to go to dinner.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
north......:-)
is it just me?

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
N
nuts Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Okay, we're here!! The information is most helpful.... We're just aching for some good conch, and have never been to Sunset Grill, so I guess that will be first on our list. Plan to check out the menu at Pinki Knox, too, Scubaldy since y'all have friends who spoke so well of it, and we enjoy eating on the porch overlooking the beach.

This is such a hardship.....LOL, trying to figure out where to eat out every night....hmmm? Sure beats having to cook at home every night! Thanks for the tips.

JZB Offline
Try the Conch fritters at Wild Mangos. Everything there is wonderful!

I'll try to pull together my always frank review of each restaurant we visited on this trip... but in the meantime, definitely try the Blue Lotus (which has become my new island favorite).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.