Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Barb Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello everyone. Anyone that can give me any information about Huricaine Keith and Journey's End would be of great help. My friend and I am suppose to be traveling there on Thursday for a vacation. I'm a bit nervous that we will not be able to go. Can someone please let me know how everything is doing down there, so I stop freaking out. Thank you very much.

E
E
hi barb, my best friend lives next to Journeys End, at Essene Way. As of Saturday night, their roof was blowing off and windows blowing in. I have not heard from her since Sat....I hope all is ok. But I am afraid your trip will look kind of grim. Everyone I talk to from Belize on the computer says reports say the caye is under water. I hope they are wrong for my friends sakes. Good luck!

M
M
we hope you are wrong as well

W
W
Barb, I am suppossed to go down to AC this week also(on Wednesday). I called the airlines and they advised me that all flights thru Wednesday to Belize are cancelled.

B
B
I Would NOT plan on going down there any time very soon unless it is as part of a relief effort. Think about it!! There is probably nowhere to stay, no food, no power, or other essentials. May not even be an airstrip left...who knows?
The storm is just now passing over. It will be a while before we even know if everyone is okay there. Any vacation to there will have to be postponed until there is somewhere to go for a vacation again.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
barb - i was at JE in august 2000. i hope all there are okay. i happen to know they were really socked a few years back when mitch blew through. you may try to contact Jonathan at journeysendresort.com or 800-460-5665 for info. he is in the houston office, but should be able to help you. i would certainly check before heading there. tell him jane from pennsylvania says hi. too bad, JE is beautiful. good luck.

Lots of work to be done. Journeys end backs up close to a diminishing inner lagoon. I know water has backed up, up there. It got no where else to go. If ya go, bring a hammer and some nails.

Gone fishing!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.