Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#280833 - 05/20/08 12:51 AM Crystal skulls
sdiver Offline
Well, here we go...it's been awhile since I've been on the board and sadly almost 3 years since I was last in CC...how I miss my few but wonderful friends, the great diving and your beautiful island!

Here's what I'm wondering...what does anyone know about Crystal Skulls (legend and /or reality) and have your heard of anyone who's been around there diving in search of more? One man has acquired a skull which was allegedly discovered somewhere in Belize /South-Central America and passed on to him upon the woman's death. He is convinced there may be one or more underwater . His name is Bill Homann and he lives in Indiana which is where I live. The times I've been in Belize and on CC I've never heard of Crystal skulls or a search for them - there may be 13. (I've started doing a little research since a show on Scifi) Just wondered if any of you who live there and/or are native to Belize know much about them.

Tues. 5/20 As I continue to fall deeper into the mystery of this factual and fictional legend, I've found many websites.Two I like are: www.skepdic.com/crystalskull and www.world-mysteries.com. Thanks to all of you who are indulging me in my new growing obcession!!! I am still hoping to hear from someone down there who might have some generational family stories or opinions...I wrote Mr. Homann today...didn't even need the Belikins :-)...I'll let you know!!!

I'll be keeping you in my heart and prayers during hurricane season and hope to return before the end of the year.

Edited by sdiver (05/20/08 10:14 PM)
Edit Reason: more info

#280835 - 05/20/08 01:06 AM Re: Crystal skulls [Re: sdiver]
SP Daily Offline

Edited by Jesse (05/20/08 01:12 AM)

#280839 - 05/20/08 02:27 AM Re: Crystal skulls [Re: SP Daily]
Amanda Syme Offline
I just read the Crystal Skull by Manda Scott - interesting theory and exciting plot.

Of course we have heard of the skull that was found in Belize. I believe it should come back home now - before December 2012.

#280841 - 05/20/08 02:32 AM Re: Crystal skulls [Re: Amanda Syme]
Amanda Syme Offline

#280869 - 05/20/08 02:24 PM Re: Crystal skulls [Re: Amanda Syme]
Ernie B Offline
I love a mystery !

#280870 - 05/20/08 02:27 PM Re: Crystal skulls [Re: Amanda Syme]
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
The good thing about the upcoming Harrison Ford movie (other than it apparently being a rip-roaring adventure, of course) is that it may attract a few more tourists to Toledo, which badly needs them. (The Indiana Jones movie isn't set in Belize, but the subject matter may lead some people to make a connection.)

As Jesse's Wikipedia reference makes clear, all the skulls examined so far have been shown to be made with modern tools not available in the pre-Columbian period. There was a 19th century art dealer who peddled a bunch of these skulls. The Mitchell-Hedges skull supposedly found at Lubaantun, and now since Anna M-H's death last year being kept by another private owner in Chicago, is widely considered by scientists as a 19th century fake.

These skulls make a good story, though.

--Lan Sluder

#280874 - 05/20/08 02:48 PM Re: Crystal skulls [Re: Amanda Syme]
sdiver Offline
Hi Amanda! That was a pretty interesting and inclusive acricle...thanks!! It matches most of the info I've read in various places on line!

#280876 - 05/20/08 02:49 PM Re: Crystal skulls [Re: SP Daily]
sdiver Offline
Thanks Jesse!

#280877 - 05/20/08 02:55 PM Re: Crystal skulls [Re: Lan Sluder/Belize First]
sdiver Offline
Hi Lan...thanks for the reply. I am actually beginning to believe the Mitchell-Hedges skull is the best possibility for "authenticity". No matter who found it or when I think I agree with most of the reports that say it was found in Belize - Lubaantum. It's that particular skull that resides an hour and a half from where I live in IN. If I had 2 or 3 Belikins, I might have the courage to write the guy and see if I could see it !!! :-)

Also, all I've read says the M-H skull shows no indications of any kind of modern cutting methods. Info on www.skepdic.com/crystalskull is pretty cool :-0

Edited by sdiver (05/20/08 10:03 PM)
Edit Reason: new info

#280879 - 05/20/08 03:01 PM Re: Crystal skulls [Re: Amanda Syme]
sdiver Offline
Hi again...tonight (in the US)SciFi is running the crystal skull show again...I missed it the first time...and I'm getting the book :-) Thanks! I love mysteries and this has become my new pet!!

By the way, are you the "rental" Amanda on CC?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,231 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day