Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
A very major hurricane has just devastated Ambergris Caye. If you have never been through a hurricane, you have no idea of what damage a much lesser hurricane can do. This island won't be ready for visitors for quite a while. Vacation plans should DEFINITELY be postponed. If you want to co-ordinate with some relief effort to go, then that is a different story. They need all the HELP they can get but NOT visitors who are expecting a vacation.
Please be sensible about this.

Thanks so much for the info. We are very worried up here in Denver and are looking for information on Romel and Nesto Gomez (Rubies Hotel) and their families. Also Henry and Mary Beissner, status of the Belizean Reef etc. ANY info most welcome.

B
OP Offline
B
Look on the Hurricane Information page under the thread of "Looking for Someone-post here".

E
E
I am scheduled to travel to AC for my first trip, this Friday. I am stll planning on going, but am interested in helping where I can! What things might be needed there, that I can bring from home. medical supplies, water treatments, etc??

B
OP Offline
B
ERLISS, I am not an authority on this but I doubt seriously that you will be able to get to AC this week unless you are a resident, a property owner , or with a group like the Red Cross, or another rescue group. Plan on waiting a while. Even if you want to help, they are very picky about who they let into a disaster area.
I may be wrong about this but we have been through hurricanes here on the Gulf Coast.

[This message has been edited by Belize Mama (edited 10-02-2000).]

J
J
Also, they will be needing help for a while, not just this week.

B
OP Offline
B
Very true, Jenn. They will need help for many weeks to come. Wait and see when you can do the most good if you want to go and help. [Linked Image]

P
P
My husband want to go tomorrow to search for his brother and family and he is serious !!

We were there a few weeks ago and I will always treasure the memories of the Island as they were then.

P
P
My husband want to go tomorrow to search for his brother and family and he is serious !!

We were there a few weeks ago and I will always treasure the memories of the Island as they were then.

B
OP Offline
B
Pat, I feel for you and your husband but going tomorrow won't be an option I'm sure.
By then, he should have some word on his relatives there. Planes will not be going in and out I can almost promise you. It is hard not knowing what is going on but very soon, news should begin to come from there. Convince him to give it a little more time. My heart goes out to him.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.