Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
OP Offline
B
Hey guys, newbie here. Been reading many posts here on all subjects. Very interesting stuff. We are coming 2nd week of July. First timers! We have zeroed in on several places.

When looking through booking policies on places to stay, it seems to be common practice to demand FULL payment with no chance of refunds more than 6 weeks before arrival.

What gives? confused

I will have many more questions to come, I am sure! laugh

B
B
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
From Banana Beach-

One night deposit is charged at the time of booking.
Remaining balance is due 7 days prior to arrival.

Initial one night deposit is non refundable.
There are no refunds for cancellations of 7 days or less.

Ruby's Hotel was one day deposit only. No full payment prior to arrival. Different policy for each place.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Most of the hotels have a pre payment in full with no refund within 30 or 45 days policy. Pretty standard in Belize. Buy travel insurance if you are unsure of your plans or have concerns about possibly cancelling.

H
H
I just stayed at Paradise Villas.......they wanted 3 days pre paid and non refundable...the remainder at check in.....I guess they don't fit into that 51% of most of the hotels.

Paradise Villas are owned by a number of different people.
Think about this - if they held a place for you and you cancelled they would be left holding the bag - so to speak.
They very likely turned down some one else.
It is not like some one else is going to drive by and say "Oh th
at place looks nice."

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
H
H
I can name 2 more hotels that do not require 100% pre pay..............and what might happen in the case of a cancellation is up to the property owner or their retained property manager who obviously has been issued directives from the association.....the point is those hotels obviously don't fall into the "most" category.......I just think it is unfair to demand full payment and unfair to expect it. My wife stayed at a local hotel last year.....when the hot water wouldn't work for 2 days and the cold water ran brown I told her to go to another hotel and get a room.....the hotel she stayed at had received 100% payment without refund.......we ate $600.00US.......and it wasn't a cheap hotel. No refund was offered.

Bigwaves....keep looking. Or pm me

Hariette...thank you for your explanation...I learned a lot.

Seems to be a bouncing ball. I've had to pay 50%, I've had to pay no deposit and recently, I've had to pay 3 days non-refundable.

Regardless, what you are saying is not an unusual situation. You will find the same requirements at many place on, for example, Roatan. The market is small and a booked no-show is lost money for them that they can ill afford to lose.

However, I do not agree with a policy where something goes terribly wrong at a hotel and there is no compensation. That should be an expense of doing business.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

The Above is all a fact ...Here is some rules to help you live the dream and sleep better at night.. ... .#1 always pay with a credit card .amex is the best for consumer rights .IE= ,no hot water,brown water,you bought a room facing the ocean you got one facing the dumpster ...You can dispute the charge.#2 Always get what you bought in writing #3 Use a travel agent if you use a good one you pay no more ,in some cases less and there advise is priceless..!!!! #4 buy travel insurance A must for me I travel the world for the most part free .I am in the travel business and still buy travel ins ,the medical part of the policy is a must..

Last edited by captjeff; 05/22/08 08:46 AM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
H
H
The sad part is that the hotel was on the 1st class list on the AC website.......the best part is that they are now under new ownership....and changed their name. Bad news travels fast!
I know I did my small part in spreading the news.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.