Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#281428 - 05/24/08 10:58 AM 2 questions about San Pedro???
NOMAD_315 Offline
Hi All,

I will be in San Pedro this July. I will be staying at the Belize Yacht Club - - from there, where whould you folks say is the best beach to just lay out a towel and chill? I do not mind walking or biking a few kms away. I have heard that really good beaches are not exactly what Ambergris is known for... is this true? there must be a couple right?

my second question; are there any martial arts clubs in San Pedro?

thanks for your help guys cool

#281429 - 05/24/08 11:08 AM Re: 2 questions about San Pedro??? [Re: NOMAD_315]
sweetjane Offline
you misunderstand...the most of the beaches are very pretty, it is the sea grass off some of the beaches that gets the bad rap. some areas are busier than others. north or south of town is less busy.

i suggest you just walk up or down the beach until you find the right spot for you.

#281430 - 05/24/08 11:20 AM Re: 2 questions about San Pedro??? [Re: sweetjane]
NOMAD_315 Offline
Thank you for your reply Sweetjane; I must have misuderstood---- is it ok to use the beaches that are in front of resorts? or do they kick out the people who are not on their guest list?

do you happen to have any idea about Martial Arts clubs on the island?

Edited by NOMAD_315 (05/24/08 11:20 AM)

#281431 - 05/24/08 11:23 AM Re: 2 questions about San Pedro??? [Re: NOMAD_315]
SimonB Offline

#281436 - 05/24/08 12:04 PM Re: 2 questions about San Pedro??? [Re: SimonB]
sweetjane Offline
all beaches are public, but not the chairs/lounges/pools.

#281438 - 05/24/08 12:22 PM Re: 2 questions about San Pedro??? [Re: sweetjane]
Scott Kick Offline
Before I arrived here, I imagined muddy, bug infested, beaches after reading what was on the web. Now that I'm here, I have no idea, what the hell they were talking about!?

The beach in front of Ramone's is beautiful! Their dock is open to the public for swimming and has an artificial reef under it that is home to no less then two thousand fish!

The turtle grass everyone talks about isn't some slimey seaweed, it's a short broad leaf plant that you don't really mind walking over. It circles beautiful little swimming holes all over the front side of the island, and I have three spots in particular that I love to go swimming in!

One is the first dock to the right of Wet Willies, the second is to the right of Cholo's and the third is Ramones. All three are great swimming with places to lay out!

#281442 - 05/24/08 01:29 PM Re: 2 questions about San Pedro??? [Re: Scott Kick]
NOMAD_315 Offline
Thanks for all the replies guys.... I be sure to check out all those places when i arrive in July.

Any other recomendations please keep them coming.

#281445 - 05/24/08 02:33 PM Re: 2 questions about San Pedro??? [Re: Scott Kick]
ExOkie Offline

See ya out on Paradise Villa's dock (the one next to Wet Willies). I watched the sun rise from there last January right before I went to the airport. I'll be out there Monday morning doing the same thing.
God Bless The Reef!

#281446 - 05/24/08 02:53 PM Re: 2 questions about San Pedro??? [Re: ExOkie]
Scott Kick Offline
That's a block away from where I live! I catch all the French Grunts I can eat off that dock.

Good stuff.

#281469 - 05/25/08 12:07 AM Re: 2 questions about San Pedro??? [Re: Scott Kick]
kerry Offline
when in july nomad? will be down july 8 - 14

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.