Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#281691 - 05/27/08 09:46 PM Tackle Box Question
Travelgirl3 Offline
Down to 1 sleep before we leave for the airport! After much discussion, we have decided to take the Caye Caulker ferry from BZE to San Pedro. I understand that this ferry arrives at the Tackle Box dock, which from the Wikipedia map, is in SP. But when I googled it, it seems it's part of Tranquility Bay Resort, which I don't think is in SP. I'm confused. I've asked our caretaker to pick us up at the Tackle Box dock, so I want to be sure I've got it right.

Also, assuming it is in SP, are they open for lunch? I'm think we might take the earlier ferry and have lunch there, before our pick up at 3pm.

Of course, I've been checking the weather for months, and now that my week is finally in the 10 day window, they're calling for Thunderstorms the entire time! But better a t/storm in paradise than at work, right!

Thanks all,
Penny

#281693 - 05/27/08 09:54 PM Re: Tackle Box Question [Re: Travelgirl3]
Amanda Syme Offline
2 tackle boxes. Don't worry the water taxi lands at the Tackle Box in town.

Yes lunch is served all day in many restaurants on the island.

We'll be lucky if we get thunderstorms each day. But it is so beautiful when we get some of the electrical storms. It will still be hot. The raindrops are hot. When they dry up it will be sunny, hot and maybe a little humid.

The weather channel usually says we have thunderstorms for about 6 months of the year. It may or may not be true.

You will love your vacation. Get some sleep and arrive well rested.

Enjoy your stay.

#281695 - 05/27/08 09:56 PM Re: Tackle Box Question [Re: Travelgirl3]
deadserious Offline
The Caye Caulker Ferry stops at the Tackle Box dock, which is right downtown SP.

It is open for lunch and it's always yummy too.

#281696 - 05/27/08 09:59 PM Re: Tackle Box Question [Re: deadserious]
Travelgirl3 Offline
Thanks Amanda and Deadserious. I feel better. Now that the months of reading/planning/organizing are almost over, there's nothing left for me to do but worry, so that's what I've been doing....

I don't mind some rain either - sure beats working.

Thanks again
Penny

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (t42, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.