Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#281853 05/28/08 11:25 PM
OP Offline
Has anyone stayed at Corozal Bay Resort recently. I can't make up my mind if I want to stay there or not. From all of the pictures it looks great, but the reviews I'm not so sure. Any help would be extremely greatful.

Hi Shaarrin,

I have done the same as you have here and have found from the responses that Doug has done a good job of fixing the place up and people lately say that it now in good shape.

I truly hope that is true since we are four people that are booked with them for two weeks over Christmas and New Years this winter. I will watch for replies with great interest. When are you planning to stay with them??

Julian

OP Offline
I'm going in about two weeks. I keep looking at it and really want to book it, but so far I haven't booked anything.

C
C
You'd be just fine there - rooms are clean and food/drinks are good - only thing that may bother you (but honestly - not a big deal) is that there are geckos that live in the thatched roof of the cabanas. They are beneficial as they eat mosquitos/bugs - but you may see occasionally small balls of dried droppings on the bedding or floor. It really wasn't any huge issue. Didn't see much of that. We did have a frog one day in the bathroom - was sitting on the toilet tank - quite amusing actually. Pool is clean (only one in Corozal) - there is garbage in the rocks on the adjacent beach - same at Tony's. The geckos (they aren't very big at all) are quite entertaining if you actually see them.

C
C
I was recently at Tonys..which is a bit more upscale..I am not always an upscale gal..so I walked next door to check out The Bay Resort. ..and I would actually choose to stay there.. swimming is not so hot in Corozal, and they do have a pool, seemed a bit more friendly of a place......clean enough, although I did not inspect....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
Cooper you are right about Corozal Bay Resort, my husband and I have stayed there and find it so much more to our liking. The staff is friendly and the food good. Many people come from staying at Tony's and say the folks over there are kind of stuffy. We love Doug he is a great host.

Shar
Shar #290503 07/26/08 10:59 PM
Just spent a week there and it was great. Food was spectacular, staff very friendly, pool a welcome relief from the humidity.
Will stay again when we return.

Hi 172,

Just curious... Doug told me that Tropical Storm Arthur piled up everything floating in the Bay and put it in his yard. Had they been able to clean it all up by the time you arrived...
smile
Julian

The property was fine but the waterfront had alot of flotsam floating and pushed up against that whole side of the bay. The other side of the bay near cerros however was pretty clean.

Thanks for the update... I can't believe that it is only 4 and 1/2 months until we get down there!

Julian

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.