Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#282150 05/31/08 01:25 PM
OP Offline
... and Belize gets the honors

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/05/31/ts.arthur/index.html

Please take note of the weather forum here for updates as the season progresses...

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Watch out New Orleans and Florida panhandle!!

Never Use money to measure wealth
B
B
I hope everyone weathered the storm OK!

S
S
What storm? Must've been sleeping!

I thought you were too busy to sleep!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Well, after a year of counting down, we finally arrived - to the first named storm of the season. We were expecting thunderstorms, but we got Arthur. But, as Simon says, what storm? We spent 2 nights at the Radisson in BZE, waiting for the sun & watching the waves & rain out our hotel room window. We were planning on taking the 1:30 ferry today, but early this morning we figured we should go while the going was good, so we left on the 10:30. Lots of wind, but just waves of rain. It's still pretty windy, but rain seems to have stopped since Arthur has moved inland now. Hopefully we'll see some sun tomorrow - I'd love to put on my bathing suit & hop in the pool!

But, still beats workin'

Penny

Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Penny,

are you on the island? I see you posted under an hour ago and mention the rain has stopped. It has been pouring here where I am on the island all day very hard and still is. Where are you right now?

Why did you stay on the mainland two days in the raddison room? I was on the mainland on Thur and came back Thursday afternoon when it was still sunny and dry.

A
A
We went to bed to rain (not bad after 6 days of sunshine) and woke to more, heavy rain. At least the power was back on after the past few days of intermittent outages. Checked the internet and realized there was more going on than expected. The Weather Channel did its usual "the sky is falling" forecast, while we enjoyed a few hours napping and reading a good book.

Family called from home hoping we were OK handling the storm. We were fine, if napping counts.

Looks like we'll take the opportunity to work on our skills with some recado making our first attempt at grilled chicken with rice and beans!

Bob & Jane

ah, darn! At least power is still on unlike yesterday but now it's raining like baseballs and deep puddles you can't walk through and the tv says "searching for satellite signal. Please stand by" I think that means it's time for bed, but I am not tired!

S
S
Wish Cal's weather station was up and running. I'd love to see the rain totals for the last few days.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.