Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Really WINDY... Waves breaking over the docks at times....

We are getting a short break in the rain about once an hour. Everyone scurries about as fast as possible.
We just had a Arthur party here as the power was out but I have a big stainless steel propane grill. Chicken, fish, shrimp, the works! Some cook, everyone eats and then some clean. I get to sit and enjoy this great mix of people.
Power came back on just as we finished cooking.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
The power must have gone out during my Arthur nap...

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Power went off for about 3 seconds a bit before 8pm. Finally did for my laser printer, which I was using at the time. Now it won't even start. Just like my wireless router, which after the battering it's had over the past few days now doesn't provide a wireless signal.

Do BEL accept any responsibility for this sort of thing?

B
B
It is raining like crazy and the waves are as bad as they've been all year...watching the little boats next to the Tacklebox getting tossed right now...

Now guys... (hiding in shame) I really loved the rain; filled up all my tanks in 3 days - think we took about 20 inches of rain judging by the water dumps we did.

My neighbor asked me in the future not to pray for rain anymore; he thinks I overdid it a little this time - I'm sorry for that!

Live and let live
S
S
STOP PRAYING FOR RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a wild ride - hope everyone / everything is okay. Nothing major here at Banyan Bay - some tree limbs down, LOTS of standing water, some water inside but not too bad (came in under the front door, forgot to put towels down), water still off but at least power and DSL are up. When it peaked about 5 I was having my doubts...

yeah, sort of ironic that we have no water

Change your Latitude
no kidding. And septic is flooded so even with buckets of water in the tank to flush toilet - it's going nowhere. *eeeeuuuuwwwww*

Standing water is going down here - good thing, was about an inch from the front door.

Just heard that streets from Ramons to airstrip are flooded and impassable. Minimal crew here now. Heard winds reached 60 mph - figured at least 70-80.

Wonder how all the palapas and docks fared. Waves didn't seem too terribly bad so maybe docks okay?

Could have been worse though, huh? Maybe that's it for the season...

At least have plenty of food and booze. Stocked up on red wine in case power craters again - no need to chill it =)

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.